Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you should calibrate it! Settings are only a guideline.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

there are some ferts that come up on the lesco site, most don't. it's a crappy site.

if you try to pick categories, there are 400,000 (combination, pelletized, etc) combinations and you would get lost.

i need a similar product (084944 and 026640)
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

you have to put in the analyis no's first i.e.24-5-11 or whatever type you are useing if Lesco you also need poly or whatever type you are useing
Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemower View Post
you have to put in the analyis no's first i.e.24-5-11 or whatever type you are useing if Lesco you also need poly or whatever type you are useing

you might be right.

when you put 21-0-11, a few come up in Step #2, the pull down menu.

When it shows up, i can select from a few options.

Thanks. that might work.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
there are some ferts that come up on the lesco site, most don't. it's a crappy site.
Lesco corporate people weren't real good at much of anything...(including websites, customer & tech service, fulfilling "mission statement" , etc) before the JD buyout because they were DEMORALIZED by at least a decade of wishy-washy leadership, that YANKED the company in different directions every other year or so !!!

And they're not good at it NOW because they're just "John Deere" puppets...and likely lack a lot of incentive and ambition; their petty operation pretty much trivialized and overshadowed in the wake of JD's overall GLOBALIST strategy.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
Lesco corporate people weren't real good at much of anything...(including websites, customer & tech service, fulfilling "mission statement" , etc) before the JD buyout because they were DEMORALIZED by at least a decade of wishy-washy leadership, that YANKED the company in different directions every other year or so !!!

And they're not good at it NOW because they're just "John Deere" puppets...and likely lack a lot of incentive and ambition; their petty operation pretty much trivialized and overshadowed in the wake of JD's overall GLOBALIST strategy.

I completely agree with you. every time i go there, they act like they are doing you a favor. If you dont pick up 500 bags a month, they could not care less about you.

I have to pull their words out of their mouths and have to put incoherent sentenses together just to make sense.

That all comes from their leadership. They know they dont have much competition and they just dont care.

I still can't find the ferts spread rate that i was looking for on their site. Their site is just as bad as their customer service.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I completely agree with you. every time i go there, they act like they are doing you a favor. If you dont pick up 500 bags a month, they could not care less about you.

I have to pull their words out of their mouths and have to put incoherent sentenses together just to make sense.

That all comes from their leadership. They know they dont have much competition and they just dont care.

I still can't find the ferts spread rate that i was looking for on their site. Their site is just as bad as their customer service.

I used to be a be supporter of the SERVICE CENTER people...generally.
Lesco USED TO have quite a few more quality folks around than they do these days to bounce ideas off of...etc.
It was really nice to go to a vendor, who at least, knew "as much", if not more about the industry in general than I did.

...simply not the case at JD/ Lesco these days !

Anymore...the last 4-5 years or so... it seems that they'd hired nothing but wet-behind-the-ears COLLEGE KIDS who had no clue what the hell they were selling, or talking about....and of course had NO experience !!!
You walk in there and you almost have to beg those kids to pull their eyes away from the damn internet...and talk to you!
Then when they finally DO, you almost immediately wish they HADN'T !!!

So thus, recently...my last and final link to the old "Lesco"...and the ONLY reason I had to go there in the last 2 years : The stainless steel spreader....
....has been taken over by a competitor, too.

R.I.P. LESCO ! You're long gone now...and you brought it all on YOURSELF !
Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

marcos, where do you get your stuff from?

Home Depot?

or do you use Lebanon Products?
Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
marcos, where do you get your stuff from?

Home Depot?

or do you use Lebanon Products?
Local vendors that you've never heard of up your way.
There's no shortage of competition around here for JD / Lesco.