Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The best trimmer rack on the market!

Hey,

Well after speaking with you guys yesterday and I received it today. NO DUTY. That is great, I was expecting atleast 2-30 dollars. So now a little about the rack.

I managed to get it put on the trailer today but my camera battery is dead so I will get pictures tomorow. Installation was pretty easy, you really need to make sure you tighten the blocks evenly. It can be a little fiddly but overall no differen't then any other rack.

Once its all installed and setup its GREAT. It is really fast, faster then any other rack including trimmer trap. All of the peices seem very sturdy and the milling is pretty good (althought there where a few good dings on the top nob).

My only complain downside, which I should have known from the other Greentouch racks is the bolts for mounting to the trailer are way to short. I have normal tubular sides on my trailer and they are not even close to long enough to go through. So some longer bolts would be great. It is REALLY nice they include an allen key for all the other hardware.

I will post up pics and a video tomorow. Overall this rack is a 10/10, infact ill be ordering another one tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoopiter View Post
Hey,

Well after speaking with you guys yesterday and I received it today. NO DUTY. That is great, I was expecting atleast 2-30 dollars. So now a little about the rack.

I managed to get it put on the trailer today but my camera battery is dead so I will get pictures tomorow. Installation was pretty easy, you really need to make sure you tighten the blocks evenly. It can be a little fiddly but overall no differen't then any other rack.

Once its all installed and setup its GREAT. It is really fast, faster then any other rack including trimmer trap. All of the peices seem very sturdy and the milling is pretty good (althought there where a few good dings on the top nob).

My only complain downside, which I should have known from the other Greentouch racks is the bolts for mounting to the trailer are way to short. I have normal tubular sides on my trailer and they are not even close to long enough to go through. So some longer bolts would be great. It is REALLY nice they include an allen key for all the other hardware.

I will post up pics and a video tomorow. Overall this rack is a 10/10, infact ill be ordering another one tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff
Jeff,

Glad to see that you got your rack and everything is ok.

The handle most likely got dinged up in shipping, as it did have a long way to go (West Palm Beach, FL to Canada). We are working on making some really nice packaging and should have ready by the beginning of 2008. The dings shouldn't have any affect on the performance on the rack and if you do notice anything wrong please notify us right away.

We find that the majority of people are using trailers with angle iron rails which is why we put the shorter bolts in the hardware packet. If other people have tube sides on there trailer please let us know as we will have to monitor to see if we need to start including different hardware.

If you have any questions at all about using it just ask, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could take some pictures so our ad department can use it.
matt@trailerracks.com
1-800-621-6919

Last edited by Matt TrailerRacks.com; 03-29-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking forward to the pictures..
Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Sorry I havent been able to get pics yet, been very busy. Will try and grab some tomorow.

Cheers
Jeff
Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So finally heres some pics and videos. The videos are a little crappy but you get the point. Also its easier 2 handed, I used one lol.

Cheers
Jeff
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2007, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pic 2, im posting the pics in seperate posts so they display in the thread.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pic 3
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

pic 4

Video Links

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/IMGP2411.wmv

http://www.lyndenlawncare.com/IMGP2412.wmv
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Sponsor

Looks great on your trailer, I am glad that you like it.

One thing I noticed though is that we recommend the support block being mounted the other way (So that the "pin" is facing the engine). That way when you bring the trimmer into the rack it is a lot easier to line up. Just put the shaft against the rack and it makes for a faster alignment.
matt@trailerracks.com
1-800-621-6919
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

wow, i want one of those. when i was outside this morning looking at my trimmers, i saw what happened last year that i forgot all about. the handles on my echos are split open and one of the safety triggers is messed up. and my stihl trimmer is starting to get ripped up from spinning around too. and on top of all that, all my locks are too rusted to open! im getting one of these new racks! no more excuses about forgetting to lock up the trimmers! are you guys going to make any other kind of racks like that one? blower racks or hedge trimmer racks?