Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ZTR purchase

Hello everyone.

I'm not new to cuttong grass BUT i am new to ZTR's and was wondering if a few of you would give your oppenion about them, I will be in a hot climate TEXAS....

thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a dumb question? Look at every other LCO trailer that drives by you during the day, what kind of mower is in the back? Probably a Z.

There is a reason that everybody uses them and its not because they are cool looking. Its because they make you money!!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=justanotherlawnguy;1773982]That is a dumb question? QUOTE]

this is a statement which means you do not need a question mark at the end. as for the original questions, justanother lawn guy as a serious point. why would all the big LCO's have 2 and 3 Z's on their trailers if they could make more with a 21" push. they wouldnt! all i can say is time = money therefor, efficiency = more money and Z's are extremely efficient. they pay for themselves quickly even at $10,000

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I worded that wrong..

what I ment was what brand?

I dont have a exmark dealer near me. and I was looking at a toro?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=justanotherlawnguy;1773982]That is a dumb question? QUOTE]

wow Bo you could learn alot from this ******.... he helps out alot dont he? lmao .... """a$$hole"" ^^
Old 03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy View Post
That is a dumb question? Look at every other LCO trailer that drives by you during the day, what kind of mower is in the back? Probably a Z.

There is a reason that everybody uses them and its not because they are cool looking. Its because they make you money!!!!!

yeah bro, whats up with this statment? I mean, the guy is just asking a question hence its not a stupid one if he is unsure of what to get. This is the 2nd post I have seen you with starting your statment that its dumb or any other insulting comments. Are you that caught up in your own BS that you feel the need to try to make yourself feel better by down talkin others? Get real man, I had more respect for you when we spoke a while back then that..and to think I would use you to Sub out any Palm work my clients need. (I don't do ladders and power equipt.). Not with what I have seen how you treat people man!

I got a 44 Z master Toro and love it. It's a great cut and good piece of equipt. and if your not set up to do alot of the maintence work yourself, you def want a dealer that's close by, and one that deals with commercial companys. Find out turn around times for basic stuff from them that you can't do (Oil changes, blades, greese, belts, etc.) also find out if they give you a loner if you bring your equipt in for work and its going to take longer then you can afford, meaning you need it to work!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Member

if you want a cheap way to get a ZTR mower.... i dunno how the auctions are where you are but here they are awesome.... i got a Cub Cadet 48" cut with 80 hours on it for $1800.... and they also sell 12 ft, 14 ft and even some 18 ft trailers for no more than $500 here .... im just starting out so i was just looking for the cheapest equiptment i could find for now..... i dunno how good a brand Cub Cadet is or not.... but ive been told its a very good brand
Old 03-31-2007, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont run z's. I used to have a 54in lesco rider until i realized it wasnt saving me any time. My customers also like the walkbehinds better. If you have the money and enough work, go for it.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=DARICEK LANDSCAPING;1774127]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy View Post
That is a dumb question? QUOTE]

this is a statement which means you do not need a question mark at the end. as for the original questions, justanother lawn guy as a serious point. why would all the big LCO's have 2 and 3 Z's on their trailers if they could make more with a 21" push. they wouldnt! all i can say is time = money therefor, efficiency = more money and Z's are extremely efficient. they pay for themselves quickly even at $10,000
WOW, you are so caught up in catching my silly punctuation mistake you missed the whole point of my post.

I never mentioned that all big LCO's have 2-3 Z's on their trailers. In my area everybody has them. In the N.E. running 10 21" mowers is probably best, but I do not know for sure. I am simply saying in this area everybody runs Z's cause they are the best. I have 2, so big deal...
Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho25 View Post
Get real man, I had more respect for you when we spoke a while back then that..and to think I would use you to Sub out any Palm work my clients need. (I don't do ladders and power equipt.). Not with what I have seen how you treat people man!
Oh well, thats your loss, and if you think I talk to my customers the same way I talk to guys on here then you have bigger issues as well. I wasn't sitting by the phone waiting for your palm tree trimming requests to come thru anyway. You live over by Waters and Hanley anyway so I am sure you can find some scrub over there to do it for you.

ladders and power equipt = more money then mowing lawns. thats why i am glad most lawn guys are scarred to do it....