Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2000, 05:50 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Today was my first day of school!!!<p>I started my first day of work off this season by dethatching<br>and bagging the baseball field and the girls softball field <br>with a 52’ Toro WB with a<br>JRCO tine rake. The vac action of that deck is great. I just<br>use high lift blades and a jumbo metal bagger.<p>Tomorrow at school I will test out my new (this year) pesticide<br>application vehicle. It was sorta like the old vehicle (but with a cheapo<br>engine and a real nice professional wiring job) but I needed<br>that 18 HP traction unit to power a 62” deck.<p>One would hope that spreading 1300lbs of pre M on fertilizer would be<br>a good shakedown run.<p><br>
Old 03-07-2000, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Stone, How did the JRCO tine dethatcher work for you. I didn't seem to get great results with mine which was mounted on a 44&quot; Toro WB. I might just have to adjust in better. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2000, 06:21 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Make sure your engine to trans belt is tight.<br>Set it a little lower until it starts to<br>break tines. Your not detatching unless your<br>breaking a few tines.<p>The Jrco unit is not make to extract large<br>amounts of thatch if the lawn is a rats nest.<br>You need a power rake to take care of major<br>infestations.
Old 03-07-2000, 07:03 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I also did a lawn today with my JRCO mounted on a Chopper. Once you get it all adjusted right, it will loosen up more thatch than I expected. Once I got it all adjusted so it seemed to work good, I noticed the back end is a little lower than the front end. Try that Getmow and see if you get better results. I guess they can all be different though, but it's worth a try.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-07-2000, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

This spring I was thinking about getting a JRCO tine dethatcher. I have a 1999 Cub Cadet 23hp 52&quot;deck that I was going to hook it up to. I was also going to pull a trac vac type unit behind at the same time. I plan to raise the JRCO just high enough to loosen all the wet leaves from the snow packing them down. I will mow, vacuum, and sort of half dethatch at the same time. Do you guys think that this will work? How much does the JRCO cost? Thanks.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com
Old 03-07-2000, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Member

about $450 for a 60&quot; unit
Old 03-11-2000, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, I will try to adjust this thing. We are starting to do some renovations and overseeding now.