Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-27-2001, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Can you add features to the sofware?

I posted this as a response to a thread on the commercial forum, but figured I would paste this here so it wouldn't get lost among all the other responses.

How bout this as an idea?

When a new member signs up, the software is automatically set up that a new member can not post until say two days after they signed up.

If the new member tries to post before the two day waiting period is up, when they try to do so, a message comes up.

It says something like, "Welcome to Lawnsite. For the first few days of your membership, you are being asked to read and search some of the archives. At the top of the page is the search button. You will be surprised that whether you have an equipment question, tax question, pricing question, or whatever it may be, it probably has already been discussed before.
So take some time to read, then if you don't find an answer to your specific question, then please post it.
Happy reading and posting. Enjoy!"

Obviously, this is not worded right. It is not even 8:00am yet here, and my brain definitely does not do it's best thinking before noon. That was just a rough draft.

I think a message like this though would indeeed stop some of the redundant questions.

Just a thought.

Disclaimer: If someone else has already thought of this idea, I must have missed it. I am not trying to steal anyone elses idea.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a fantastic idea!!!!! The 2-3 threads at the same time asking how to, or how sharp to sharpen the blades etc. are REALLY getting old.
Old 07-28-2001, 06:39 PM
Admin / Tech

Features sure can be added in the software, but we decided not to add this one for now as it can get annoying for some users and could reduce registrations (some wait a long time before registering and know how to use the search function).

Chuck put a notice on the New Thread page to remind users to search before posting... we'll see if that helps!

Pierre-Luc