Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gaturf, do you get a many orders for your aeration service? I'm asking because my jaw dropped when I seen how high your prices are compared to mine. I might be way WAY too low.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
Gaturf, do you get a many orders for your aeration service? I'm asking because my jaw dropped when I seen how high your prices are compared to mine. I might be way WAY too low.
we have alot of fescue here so i have many customers who get there yards done twice a year. my prices are about the same as other guys here in GA. plus the price comes down some if i have several yards in a row. you may need to network in your area to see what everyone else is charging. thats what i did.

ga turf

71/2 x 16 enclosed trailer tandum axle
6x12 tandum axle trailer
Toro 22"
Honda 22"
Walker GHS 48"
Scag Zcat 36"
Exmark 36" Turf tracer hp
Red max 7001
Red max edger/ trimmer
2005 2500HD Crew
2007 F250 4x4
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Webman mentioned early on, that it may be a tad bit tough to read.

I think I see what he meant, to some degree.

When the small text first appeared, it seemed fuzzed, but just took about 2 seconds for my eyes to adjust - although, it is quite tiny.

At least in the options to view more, the extra windows open easier to read text.

Actually, I like the design quite a bit.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't understand why they used PDF's for the other pages. Are the purposely trying to limit audience?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water View Post
I don't understand why they used PDF's for the other pages. Are the purposely trying to limit audience?
I have a small amount of content on mine in PDF so people can print it.

Looks a lot better printed on a sheet than a captured screen shot or "print scrint" from the browser.

Some people keep a file on their yard for contracts, prices, plans and various things. Usually in a folder for 8.5 x 11 sheets.

Its possible that the PDF pages were designed to accomodate that, as well as simply inform others.

I don't know anybody myself, who does not have PDF yet. Most newer computers come with it, and many do auto updates of PDF software now. Plus, its free anyway.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

my god people.....! its a lawncare website! im not using it as my sole advertising,
Thankfully I am not spending $400 to $600 a month on advertising any more, I read all the post in this section crawled Jim Lewis site - called him, looked at mdvaden site and topsites other site. Now I spend $10 a month in hosting and am booked for three weeks. Plus I do see your trying to sell landscape services also

im using it as a tool for my current customers.( paying online, email etc.) plus now days who wants to write down a phone number? my site is on my trailer and its short and easy to remember. plus i can weed out alot of dead beat customers who think they can get there grass cut for $15. i didnt reallize i was surrounded by IT pros!
Yes it does look like there are some people who are making money from IT so you would call them a pro.

i thought this was a lawncare website. be real, is it the worst website you have ever seen? i dont think so. i think its great. and if you dont like the music......turn it off dumb ass......you can figure out how to do that cant you? the bottom line is that my customers like it because they are going to be able to pay online. they dont care if its flash or not...they dont care about the music.....they can recommend me by giving out my easy to remember web address. god for bid someone say that they like it, not that i care but come on guys.

dumb ass ?? There are to many reports on ctr - "click through rate" to quote statistics and from your attitude I wouldn't bother, I read all the comments made to you as people trying to help you from their experience, some design themes on websites will have more potential clients calling and some will do nothing at all to help put money in your pocket. I am replacing the carburetor on my dump truck, it's a four barrel, I might to have to make a few adjustments but I don't expect to have a two barrel when I open the box. My livelihood comes from landscaping and lawn care, any tool I spend money on should make me the best return for my dollar, I can't afford it if it doesn't, if your satisfied with your website good for you that is all that matters. "Check out my new website" is what your title was the replies did and showed you where you could improve your site to make YOU money.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaturf View Post
my god people.....! its a lawncare website! im not using it as my sole advertising, im using it as a tool for my current customers.( paying online, email etc.) plus now days who wants to write down a phone number? my site is on my trailer and its short and easy to remember. plus i can weed out alot of dead beat customers who think they can get there grass cut for $15. i didnt reallize i was surrounded by IT pros! i thought this was a lawncare website. be real, is it the worst website you have ever seen? i dont think so. i think its great. and if you dont like the music......turn it off dumb ass......you can figure out how to do that cant you? the bottom line is that my customers like it because they are going to be able to pay online. they dont care if its flash or not...they dont care about the music.....they can recommend me by giving out my easy to remember web address. god for bid someone say that they like it, not that i care but come on guys.

ga turf
Sounds like you don't take criticism very well, which is odd since you're the one that wanted us to look at your web site. In reality, it seems YOU were the only one proud of it and just wanted people to see it. Sorry you wasted my time. Hope your site does well, although I'm fairly certain it won't since it doesn't load the page most of the time.

BTW, actually I am an IT pro. IT Director to be exact. But what do I know. I've only been in the IT industry for 23 years.

Cheers,
http://www.NELawnCare.com

2007 Ferris 1500Z 25HP 52" Zero Turn
2007 Ferris 36" Hydro Walk-Behind
Toro 21" Push
Ferris 3-Bag Fast Vac
Echo PB-620 Blowers
Red Max Trimmers
Cen-Tex 12"x6" Trailer
NorthStar Pressure Washer Trailer
BOSS Snow Plow
2006 F150 4x4
Old 04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

This should look familiar to you...
http://www.NELawnCare.com

2007 Ferris 1500Z 25HP 52" Zero Turn
2007 Ferris 36" Hydro Walk-Behind
Toro 21" Push
Ferris 3-Bag Fast Vac
Echo PB-620 Blowers
Red Max Trimmers
Cen-Tex 12"x6" Trailer
NorthStar Pressure Washer Trailer
BOSS Snow Plow
2006 F150 4x4
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll View Post
my god people.....! its a lawncare website! im not using it as my sole advertising,
Thankfully I am not spending $400 to $600 a month on advertising any more, I read all the post in this section crawled Jim Lewis site - called him, looked at mdvaden site and topsites other site. Now I spend $10 a month in hosting and am booked for three weeks. Plus I do see your trying to sell landscape services also
Jim Lewis was my mentor - got me started on the web.

He's an excellent source of feedback.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELawnCare View Post
Sounds like you don't take criticism very well, which is odd since you're the one that wanted us to look at your web site. In reality, it seems YOU were the only one proud of it and just wanted people to see it. Sorry you wasted my time. Hope your site does well, although I'm fairly certain it won't since it doesn't load the page most of the time.

BTW, actually I am an IT pro. IT Director to be exact. But what do I know. I've only been in the IT industry for 23 years.

Cheers,

wow,

look at the merry band of followers....looks like your peeps on this site will go with anything you say.....it must be because your an IT DIRECTOR.

look i dont mind criticism but at a certain point i just got tired of hearing all the negative things about my site. its not a fortune 500 site.....its a lawncare site! i guess it just sucks to keep hearing negative things about my site that most people (not IT directors) wouldn't notice or don't care about. I'm sorry if i hurt anyones feelings here.

thanks for all the input guys

71/2 x 16 enclosed trailer tandum axle
6x12 tandum axle trailer
Toro 22"
Honda 22"
Walker GHS 48"
Scag Zcat 36"
Exmark 36" Turf tracer hp
Red max 7001
Red max edger/ trimmer
2005 2500HD Crew
2007 F250 4x4