Old 07-30-2001, 11:46 PM
Greenkeepers Greenkeepers is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 695

Hey All-

I've been thinking about getting into irrigation because alot of my customers have been asking about it. Just like everything else, I want to do it right and get certified from it. I thought that toro and rainbird had a program but I checked their sites and didn't see anything.

Please help......
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 10:05 PM
HBFOXJr HBFOXJr is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,706
Irrigation Association
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:35 AM
gusbuster's Avatar
gusbuster gusbuster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sunny Northern California, San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,841
They do but done on a local level

Both Toro and Rainbird have local certification programs, but the draw back is: it's brand specific.

Best way is:
Check your local state laws, see what kind of contractor liscnese is required.

Go to a strictly irrigation house such as Lesco?? Ewing, Horizon Irrigation ect... I'm sure there are many other companies, but go to a strict irrigation house.

Look at the associations available such as the one listed by hbfoxjr.

I've been in the trade for over 20 years. Most of the knowledge that I have has been through what was taught to me by my father and uncle. I did go to a couple of RainBird programs and a certified installer, but realy, doesn't mean much to a client. My contractor number is what counts. Unfortunately for me, my state is talking about making an irrigation lisncense seperate from my c-27 liscense(landscaping).

J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening
C-27 CA. Contr# 770044
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 12:25 AM
Rex Mann's Avatar
Rex Mann Rex Mann is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 621

Central Pump & Supply in Oakwood Village(271 and Forbes Road Area) have seminars in the winter.

Rex Mann
Pavers Installed Company
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 01:41 PM
Harris Harris is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 7
Central Pump & Supply is everywhere. There parts are outragous though. Stay away from Rain Bird, its junk! You can buy Rain Bird at Lowes so you know it must be junk to be sold in a hardware store. Use Hunter, Irritrol and Nelson. Those are probably the top 3 best irriation products made.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.06986 seconds with 8 queries