Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Weight making mower "lean"?

Hello all. I have a LESCO 36" fixed deck hydro WB I bought a couple months ago, haven't used it yet.

It came with the LESCO fabric bagger.

I'm thinking of getting the Accelerator bagger, and maybe even the extension. What I'm worried about is when it gets full or near full, does the added weight make the mower lean to the right? Just wondering if the cut will still be even.

I won't be using it al the time, mainly on just a few yards where the owners insist on bagging and during leaf season.

Would the Accelerator be much different in performance/ times dumped/ etc than the LESCO fabric bagger I've got (which is supposedly 3 bushels)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Sponsor

On a fixed deck 36 deck lean should not be a problem with the 4.15 cu. ft model (our standard size, in bushels 3.2). If you put the leaf extender on and filled it with grass also, you would have 7.5 Cu ft. of clippings plus the weight of both the catcher and extender. We don't recommend this. The extender is for light weight leaves. If you fill it all the way with clippings you may get some deck tilt. As far as advantages, you will get longer life out of an aluminum catcher, and it is very easy to use. You might want to read some of the comments on the site about our catcher in general. Your experience with it on a Lesco mower should be much the same as that of people using an Accelerator on other 36 inch mowers.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 03-17-2007, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
On a fixed deck 36 deck lean should not be a problem with the 4.15 cu. ft model (our standard size, in bushels 3.2).
On a floating deck 36" would deck lean be more of a concern?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Sponsor

Yes. A floating deck will be more prone to tilting with a side bagger. Each mower is a bit different in this regard. It depends on the weight of the deck, as well as how the deck is suspended from the frame. If the deck is supported right near each edge, tilt will be minimized. If it is supported closer to the center, it will be easier to tilt. I don't hear many complaints about deck tilt on 36 inch decks using our regular size catcher, so in most cases it is not a problem.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for the reply.

The reason I was asking is I have a Exmark 36" Turf Tracer and I am considering purchasing one of your products. It sounds like you would recommend the 3.3 cubic ft. catcher for this machine? I was hoping I could go a little larger but if deck tilt might be an issue I might be better off with a smaller catcher.

Last edited by Eclipse; 03-19-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Sponsor

The exmark has a fairly heavy deck, so I don't see a problem with the standard size catcher.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you again for the information.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In looking through some older post here in this forum I see that some people reported great luck with the larger than 3.3 cubic foot catchers on their 36" machines. Some even said the 6.2 was fine.

Should I risk going to a larger catcher and have it throw off the deck or should I just stick with the 3.3?