Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2001, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Re: Great!

Quote:
Originally posted by guido
Thanks Eric, I'm going for them!
Not So Great!

I ordered the ones Ray (Kirby) pointed us to with the digital reciever, they e-mailed me a couple of days later and told me the mfg is having some trouble with them and as soon as they get is fixed they'll start selling them again.

I e-mailed them back to see how long they estimate it will be, but no reply yet. I'll probobly hold out and wait tilll they get the bugs out.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got mine in. I got the MRX7A. Man they are great. Takes a few minutes to figure out the controls. But they are worth every penny.

I especially like the control to turn off an on the outside noise. These are really great. And the other plus is that I can get a cord to plug in my Sony AM Walkman.

The best of both worlds.

Jim

Disclaimer: Who ever reads the manual?
Old 09-25-2001, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If these have a jack for your Sony Walkman AM, then would a regular like Sony CD player plug into them as well?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Runner
If these have a jack for your Sony Walkman AM, then would a regular like Sony CD player plug into them as well?
The manual shows:

Connection cords for audio input.

3.5 mm mono plug
2.5 mm mono plug
3.5 mm stereo plug for Micman comm radio

Depending on what size plug the Sony CD player has I would think the the 3.5 stereo plug would work. So far I am not having much luck finding a supplier for these on the internet, but have only just started.

Am going to stop a Radio shack in the AM and see what they have.

Jim
Old 09-25-2001, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Boy thanks all,,

I havn't been on here for a couple months since going full time and boy do I miss it. I've been thinking about getting some headgear and now you guys have made me want to do it.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2001, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, aren't those things very hot and uncomfortable in the hot summer days???

My ears used to sweat like crazy under my el cheapo headset. Now I use the disposable throw aways, they are the most comfortable by far.

Altavista Lawn Care
Old 09-26-2001, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well....

I got mine in last week. The red digital ones Ray was talking about earlier.

They work AWESOME!!! Like someone else in this thread said, it took me a few times to figure out the controls (because I was too stuborn to read the directions right fromt he start). I was pissed at first because the outside news was turned up sooo loud I could barely here the radio, and the engine on my loader was making a serious whining noise inside. Well once I figured out you can adjust the volume on the outside noise as well,I was in heaven!!

They are soo great, I have tunes all the time now and I can still be aware of whats going on around me.

Its really a safety feature inside a safety feature. Haven't tried to plug my CD player into it yet. I probobly will this winter while plowing. We'll see.

I'd reccomed the digital set I got to anyone!!
Old 09-26-2001, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Peltor and Cobra

We have been using cobra family band radios,
I know this set up has saved me a lot of aggavation,
becuse I dont have to stop what Im doing to talk with my co workeres,
They say the range is two miles, but around here its more like 1/4-1/2 mile (Lots of trees and moutains)
They have a digital fm band and a charger that you can use with the cigrette lighter.
We havent had any problems or had to buy batteries all year, and since they charge quick we just put them in there craddle in between jobs, (they have never gone dead)
I use the peltor head phones with external jack that plugs into the radio.
My co-worker modified his still headgear with some old headphones.
Anyway it works really well for us.

Cobra has a web site where you can purchase on line, Im not sure of the address,
Old 09-27-2001, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Update on the Peltor connection cords for audio input.

Connection cords for audio input.

3.5 mm mono plug
2.5 mm mono plug
3.5 mm stereo plug for Micman comm radio

Just got off the phone with Peltor Customer Service as to where to get these from.

Gwen (from Peltor) told me that you can order them from Brock Sales, talk to Dan at 1-813-662-2251.

He does not have these in stock but his is placeing an order for them as he is getting several requests for them. And Peltor just gave the OK to start selling them. They will not be cheap though. Will cost about $32.

I went to Radio Shack and they do not have anything close to match up to the plug in the headset, And I don't really want to void warranty nor mickey mouse a wire job. So I ordered mine.

Jim
Old 10-15-2001, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another update on the Peltor Stereo headset.

I just recieved the stereo plug so you can hook up a walkman, Am radio or whatever to the plug on the headset.

This is really great. When you turn on the Walkman, it automatically overrides whatever station you were listening to. So all you hear is the walkman/AM radio. You use the controls for the Walkman to control volume, etc.

Good quality, heavy duty cord, so it should last a long time. Was a little expensive ($33.82, including shipping) but well worth it in my opinion.

If you paid that much money for a Peltor, then this is an option that you should also get, doubles the value of the Headset.

You can order them from:

Brock Sales Company
Brandon, FL

1 813-662-2251

brocksalesco@aol.com

Jim

Disclaimer: Just a satisfied customer, have no ties to company.