Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-24-2000, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the wierdest or funniest thing to happen to you on the job?<br>Funniest thing happened to me was when I<br>demolished an outhouse with a tractor/slasher.Lucky for me it had only been<br>emptied the day before. Even some accidents<br>are funny in hindsight.
Old 02-24-2000, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

LOL, Ha, Ha, Hind........sight!!! I get it!!!<p>Homer
Old 02-24-2000, 08:33 AM

I was cutting for this elderly retired couple. The man was henpecked and scared of his wife. He was standing in the drive close to a little bush his wife had planted. I came flying by lol and leveled that little bush. He turned white as a sheet. Next time I came back they had put up a stick at that bush and put a white flag on it.
Old 02-24-2000, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A little boy came outside once whenI was <br>mowing. I shut the blades off and waited <br>for him to go by. He walked towards me <br>so I throtled down. He knew what the <br>lawnmower was, but he was'nt sure of my <br>job discription. Finally he asked ( Are <br>you the mowlawner ?) Bobby
Old 02-24-2000, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

when i was working for another company about 5 years ago my foreman was mowing right before christmas well the deck got caught on some chrismas light wrapped aroung a nativity scene and he ended up dragging a couple wise men about 10 feet lucky for him baby jesus was spared, lol<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 02-24-2000, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

we had just bought a used trailer and were returning home, when we heard a loud noise and looked over to see the left trailer tire had come off and was keeping pace with my truck, it just kept going! You should have seen the stares we got!
Old 02-24-2000, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Same thing happened to me and my father in law with one exception.............It was the trailer we were pulling that passed us. My father in law said&quot; Look at that, somebody lost their trailer!&quot; I looked back and ours was gone. Funniest thing I've ever seen, and it really does happen. I guess our balls weren't big enough!!<p>Homer
Old 02-25-2000, 06:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I was working for this older lady doing an all day cleanup job. About every hour she would come outside and offer me something to eat or drink. About 8:30 she was offering biscuits and coffee. At 10:00 she was offering juice or water. At noon she was offering a ham sandwhich. and so on. It was a little annoying, but I just said no thankyou and continued working. So, when all was done, I went to her to collect payment. She asked once more if there is anything I may want. &quot;Would you at least like some cookies and a Coke?&quot; I thought that since I was done and would be leaving that it would be OK. She went back inside and came out with 2 big packages of Chips Ahoy cookies and a 2 liter Coke. She insisted that I take it all. I now wonder if I would have taken her up on that ham sandwhich, would she have gotten one of those big 6 foot party sandwhiches from Subway
Old 02-25-2000, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I had been mowing this lawn for this older lady,and we constantly complained about the dog land mines left on her lawn, she never seemed to pick them up until the day she asked one of my guys to help her move a chair in her house,my guy stepped in every pile(not known by me until later) he could find then went in and helped her move the chair,neadless to say after that every time we went there after that it was picked up.
Old 02-25-2000, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohhh southside, you just made me laff to think of it, so I gotta tell it. Might not seem too funny to others.<p>Was mowing with wife 15 yrs ago, just using 21-inchers, on the property of one of those customers whose -hit just doesn't stink. Wife had been there a couple of times, and was heavy spring growth. This yard had faucets set in ground out in yard. When I heard the sound, I knew exactly what Carol had done.<p>I looked up to see her standing shocked in the middle of a geyser. All I could do was fall to the ground laffing. Customer ran out in panic, and I laid there laffing for five min or more. (Think it was more funny because it was her house). We had to quit for the day, because neither Carol or I could keep from laffing.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana