Register free!

Old 04-27-2007, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I should have said that diminsion is better in my opinion. People blew this crap way out of proportion.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Robinson View Post
Maybe I should have said that diminsion is better in my opinion. People blew this crap way out of proportion.
Nate,

That makes some sense. I would not bash good products if I were you.

Learn from this. Your passion may help you become a good grass man someday. Work on your people skills, listening skills and attitude.

Pete D.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

pete....nevermind........SWALLOWING REAL F N HARD!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
I seriously doubt this. Since starting to work for an organic based company, I've sprayed fungicides twice in the last 3 years. Both on properties with customers abusing the irrigation schedules. A lot of university studies are skewed by the people doing the funding. It doesn't matter if that comes from Purdue, Penn State, etc.(Looks like this was already posted)

Also, CGM is not for everyone but I'd say 15% of our customers do get it and pay for it they do.
i understand about the swaying vote... and organic is just another tool in the tool box. people get excited about 'trying to do their part' in the preservation of nature, and if their willing to buy it, then so be it. jmo
Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Robinson View Post
Its DIMENSION Nathan!!!!
2 Redmax Trimmers
1 Redmax Edger
1 Powertrim Edger
1 Z-SPRAY Walkbehind Unit
1 Lesco push spreader
1 Applicator/Operator License for Turf & Ornamentals
Old 04-28-2007, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No. Your wrong. Prodiamine and pendi are the best. I was so wrong. How could I ever have thought this? Maybe because multiple lab tests prove the far better effectiveness of dimension. This whole thread was great. I pissed people off by just saying dimension is better. The truth is they know it but there stuck in there OLD ways. I need something else to do in my free time outside of educating old guys about there industry that they have been in for so long.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Hi Shades,

Prodiamine is for grassy weeds. Not at all a good product for broadleaves.

Chickweed is a winter annual and germinates in the Fall.

If you are Not doing any fall seeding, you could put down Pre-M with or without fert. for your Sept app. for the chickweed problem.

OR you could wait until mid to late october, just before leaf fall of the trees, and spray your Post-Emergent herbicide(this will kill the newely emerged chickweed B 4 it goes to seed and that helps break the cycle).....any late August - Sept overseeding would in no way be supressed or injured by the late post herbicide app.

When I did use Dimension I really did not pay attention to any broadleaf supression.......I used the product as it was Pre and Post for Crab. I will tell you at the rate I applied it for Northern Turf, it had NO post-emergence value, from what I saw. Digging deeper on that product, I learned it did not have a long half life in the soil, and needed to split app.

That would not work for my program as 1st app is fert only based on soil test from previous late November, and 3rd app. is a rotation of either Mach II or Merit, as most of my lawns are in sunny locations with many of the trees and shrubs Jap. and other beetles in the White Grub Complex love. Sod webworm is bad in my area also. So a single, long lasting Pre- Emergence for Crab is a must.

I have the broadleaf issue pretty much under control too. I see a few when I do my app. 3 in Late June/Early July and spot spray them, along with any Early breakthrough Crab along walks...Though very little. Was using Trimec Plus, and when that runs out, I will use their Q 4.

I feel kinda lucky to have a program that works for me.....Only took me 22 Years LOL. (I'm still learning)

I will say too that Pendimethlin, Barricade and Dimension are all very good products......None of them trash for sure.

Decide what will work best for you

Pete D.
Pete-
What was the ratio you used w/ Trimec Plus? I was doing 1-2 oz. p/gallon and found that repeat hits were necessary.Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Jay,

In the backpack sprayer I use 4 Oz. per gallon for spot w/ the Trimec Plus. The Label rate is 3 oz per 1,000. Spray to point of runoff w/the backpack when spot treating w/ this product.

Pete D.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Same here - we paid the extra price for Dimension. Tends not to leach as fast as Pre M????
Old 04-29-2007, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Hi Jay,

In the backpack sprayer I use 4 Oz. per gallon for spot w/ the Trimec Plus. The Label rate is 3 oz per 1,000. Spray to point of runoff w/the backpack when spot treating w/ this product.

Pete D.
Hey pete-
Do you ever have discoloring of turf? That seems a little high, no?

Last edited by Shades of Green LService; 04-29-2007 at 11:22 PM.