Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2001, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bobcat's new Versahandlers!

Hey guys! Just thought I'd ask to see if any has tried Bobcat's new Versahandlers. My local rental yard just got one (VS518), I must say it was built nicely, but didn't look to be as big as the others (Cat, Gehl, Dyna-lift, etc.). I suppose the bigger model might be up in the larger machine crowd. Just checkin' to see if anyone has tried one yet! Later guys.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 08-09-2001, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hello,

I have seen one up close and they look nice. My friend was about to order one, but decided against it and is going with a 963 instead.

Like the rest of them, big bucks though. As for how they run, guess there too new to really get any good feedback. I think theres probably only 1 or 2 of them in the entire state so far.

steveair
Old 08-09-2001, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

He was looking at a telehandler, but then decided on a skid steer? Two very different machines, I would think.

Eric
Old 08-11-2001, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

yes, two different machines, but he does a lot of odd jobs. He has been doing a lot of big tree work (6 + inch caliper) and needed a machine to move them around with the heavy root balls. He uses a kramer loader know, but wants to get rid of it. He also does a lot new home construction, and figured the telehandler would be a nice addition. However, after seeing the price, he figured he'd go with a bigger bobcat and just rent a fork loader when needed. He has just about every attachment bobcat has to offer, so he also wanted a machine that he could use those on.

steveair
Old 08-12-2001, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

When I was working in carpentry, the company had two 6036 SkyTraks for the rough crews. What a cool machine. I worked on the finish crew so never got to use it, but I have watched it in action and was impressed. It could stand up walls, hoist lifts of plywood, set trusses, and be used as a mobile scaffold. The telescoping boom makes that machine so versitle.

Around here, the 6036 SkyTrak seems to be the standard of the industry. I rarely see much else.

Eric