Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

your web hosting company

i have been scoping out the web hosting market and i really am stuck. I would love to use google, but they don't host yet, i have heard they will be getting in to the market soon. i was just wondering what companies you use cause my dad tried registerfly.com for hosting and they sucked. just trying to gain back some trust.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

HostGator is decent, the support answer the phone. Plus they have tutorials to help with setting the different aspects of features offered.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello,

You can try http://www.megrisoft.com
Old 05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rackshack,
bizwalla.

mine are on bizwalla. They are in Henderson NV so I have to go visit them about once per year.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Rackshack,
bizwalla.

mine are on bizwalla. They are in Henderson NV so I have to go visit them about once per year.
Rackshack was my original dedicated server provider, what was it, 4 years ago I leased one of their bargain basement boxes?

They sold to Ev1 servers, the customer support immediately dropped out.
Granted, Ev1's support was the way a dedicated provider's support should be, but only Rackshack would go above and beyond the call of duty every single time, they kept an old 900mhz Duron running for me time and time again. They spoiled me rotten, I still long for the days when a technician would go in as root and fix a software issue they had no reason or duty to fool with other than I asked.

Ev1 forced me to upgrade, not that big of a deal but nonetheless it fries me how software / hardware manufacturers mysteriously fail to provide backwards compatibility to where one day you either upgrade or are left stranded. It costs $100 / month thou I do like the new cpu better, 1.3ghz celery. My 900mhz Duron was the last $90 / month server for at least 2 years.

They then sold to The Planet, at least I can get a dedi for $70 / month again, it is the transfer of hdd data that has had me postponing this, I dread the day I get to rsync 13 gigs of files and hope everything clicks and falls into place, hopefully in under a month's time.

Anyhow, it's not like it used to be, but if you have experience with dedicated servers and Unix administration, then it's not bad, the performance for the price is still unparalleled (I think my server's current uptime is in excess of 150 continuous days, keep in mind I am the admin ).

Last edited by topsites; 05-05-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I use Bizwala and they are pretty good to me.

Super VPS has a nice control panel.

10 gig of disk space
100gig of transfer
100 domains.

$49.00 per month.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Media Temple

I use mediatemple.net. They have everything you'll need, don't upsell you on any extra services because everything is already included.