Register free!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Red White & Blue on your trucks + when?

I find it comical. So many service company trucks nowadays are sporting the red, white, & blue. Why now?

Our company trucks have red white & blue all over them. White trucks plus red & blue lettering plus the American Flag on both sides. Since 1990.

In 1990, 'WE' were the ONLY service company in Iowa that "showed our Patriotism"!

Since then: Our "lawn flags" have been copied. Our "lawn estimates" have been copied. Our "invoices" have been copied. Our "brochures" have been copied.

Every tom, dick & harry is doing this. Wonder why now???

Our reasons were heartfelt and personal ( I can supply the many reasons why). Why all the copycats?? And what is you oppinion of these guys??

RSCVP
Old 04-30-2007, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think everyone is a little more patriotic since 911. too bad it takes a war or national disaster to make us show our colors!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

without any knowledge of a company, identifying with customers is a good way to get your foot in the door, sad but true!

post 9/11, these colors don't run type mentality, many people just jumped on the bandwagon

what i'm seeing is alot of confusing down here because of all the similar names

i noticed you had your name almost 3 decades ago, cheers to you!

mike
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Indy & Ampeg. My only concern is that we live up to "the Red White & Blue". We try, and I'm sure you guys do too.

"American" is a name that is not taken lightly. I will NEVER forget this until I die.

One of my employees is expected to be shipped off to Iraq very soon. She's a medic. So we'll have to hire a replacement.

My son-in-law = 82nd Airborne. Captain. Category III sniper. Army Ranger too. He spent a year in Iraq, and he expects to return this summer.

I can go on and on regarding friends, relatives, etc who have served/died while serving our Country.

Bottom line: God bless America, our President, our Troops, and fellow Patriots.

The rest of "Americans".....I could give a sh&t about, cuz they are a burden on the rest of us.

By the way Indy....I bought a Chevy Avalanche from Kokomo this spring (Conkle) -- good people in Indiana.

Kind regards, American.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My son lost his best friend in Iraq last November, he practically grew up in our home. I know now why they say freedom isn't free!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Indy - Sorry for your son's loss. Life goes on, I guess. I will never forget being a pall bearer in 8th grade. I'm 53 now.

Freedom ain't free for sure. I'm certainly not a religious guy, but I just said a prayer for you. No guarantee of course.

Take care Indy -- and I'm sorry that my Hawkeyes always beat you in football! LOL Humor is good, and I totally repect your State (good people) unless youi're talkin' south Chicago (depressing).

American
Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can have the football victories! I will take the basketball wins! IU of coarse. I have a good friend that I played college basketball with in Knoxville that was from your part of the country. also was friends with the late Dan Quisenberry, that played for the KC royals and was from Iowa.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Thanks Indy & Ampeg. My only concern is that we live up to "the Red White & Blue". We try, and I'm sure you guys do too.

"American" is a name that is not taken lightly. I will NEVER forget this until I die.

One of my employees is expected to be shipped off to Iraq very soon. She's a medic. So we'll have to hire a replacement.

My son-in-law = 82nd Airborne. Captain. Category III sniper. Army Ranger too. He spent a year in Iraq, and he expects to return this summer.

I can go on and on regarding friends, relatives, etc who have served/died while serving our Country.

Bottom line: God bless America, our President, our Troops, and fellow Patriots.

The rest of "Americans".....I could give a sh&t about, cuz they are a burden on the rest of us.

By the way Indy....I bought a Chevy Avalanche from Kokomo this spring (Conkle) -- good people in Indiana.

Kind regards, American.
Hey, im from kokomo, howdid you like my hometown. There sure are plenty of resturants to choose from so at least the food choices are great. If anyone is ever going through there, hit up Gordo's Taco's the best food ever.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi profigala. I loved Kokamo! Seemed like all the retail was along the north/south highway (34?).

Bought my Chevy Avalanche from Conkle GMC-Pontiac. Found it through ebay. An employee & I drove there, stayed overnight at a motell, then drove back next day.

IMPORTANT advice: Go to Conkle and ask for Stephanie. She is HOT HOT HOT!!! And I think she's single (probably divorsed). She's in charge of internet sales.

Tell her Larry from Des Moines sent you (bought the 2002 black Avalnche) on Jan 31, 2007.

She's a "hardbody hottie". Stop by & check her out. Then send me a personal message. Hit her up for a date and let me know.

Bottom line, I LOVED Kokomo - many Chrysler plants.

Only prob with Indiana = buying beer. You gotta know the hours + cold or warm. Oh well, it's in the northern bible belt. (blue laws)

I also bought a car racing trailer a year ago in Valparaiso.

Later, American.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Member

I love this country and thnk it is one of the best in the world, I truly do, but I disagree completely with the "freedom isn't free" mentality. It is a BS slogan to make patriots or heroes of of good decent people while people with money and power sit back and know nothing of actual sacrifice. They have no clue who you and I are and could really care less. The very nature of the word free is implied in freedom. The brainwashing of people is sad. The reality is most people all over the world go to work, have kids, love people and life and we all could get along with each other. It is a select few power hungry pricks that ruin it for the rest of us and use us to do their bidding to gain more power and money.

Don't be deceived when they tell you things are better now. Even if there's no poverty to be seen because the poverty's been hidden. Even if you ever got more wages and could afford to buy more of these new and useless goods which industries foist on you and even if it seems to you that you never had so much, that is only the slogan of those who still have much more than you. Don't be taken in when they pat you paternally on the shoulder and say that there is no inequality worth speaking of and no more reason to fight because if you believe them they will be completely in charge in their marble homes and granite banks from which they rob the people of the world under the pretence of bringing them culture. Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they will send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces.

Jean Paul Marat
18th Century French visionary