Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Google PR Update

Hello,

Google has updated its PR, many sites has dropped PR and many has gained! I am happy with PR update as my all client sites got Good PR.

What do you think about your web site PR ?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan View Post
Hello,

Google has updated its PR, many sites has dropped PR and many has gained! I am happy with PR update as my all client sites got Good PR.

What do you think about your web site PR ?
I've found that its almost more important to display for keywords. I have some pages that don't even have a "1" for PR, but are some of the best performers, and bring good Adsense income.

We don't mess around with Google's PR system anymore. We do better by just developing good content.

It's easier to let Google dance around trying to figure out how to change. It moves around like a Yo-Yo. In the meantime, we just keep adding pages.

That's brought us good results from Yahoo, Google and bunch of other search engines.

So in a way, Google's PR in itself, is like a single screwdriver in a big toolbox these days.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was just viewing your page Mario, Its a nice page. However, there is a javascript error on the main page ("Document.GetElementByID", sounds like your calling a non-existant object).

Also, I browsed over to your pond page, and there is a broken tag displaying raw html about half way done.

Finally, a hijack, but please tell me you didn't do this:

Male metal threads into plastic female threads is a big NO-NO...as is not clamping your poly.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water View Post
I was just viewing your page Mario, Its a nice page. However, there is a javascript error on the main page ("Document.GetElementByID", sounds like your calling a non-existant object).

Also, I browsed over to your pond page, and there is a broken tag displaying raw html about half way done.

Finally, a hijack, but please tell me you didn't do this:

Male metal threads into plastic female threads is a big NO-NO...as is not clamping your poly.
There are no plastic parts available that reduce to that drip tube size - at least not that I could find.

I think I found that bit of "raw" html on the pond page - now I'll see what you meant on the home page.

What kind of clamp do you use on 1/4" drip tube?

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

Old 05-02-2007, 03:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I did not realize that was a 1/4" line, From that perspective i thought that was a 2" pvc line and a 1/2" drip line.

Regardless, any irrigation supplier should be able to get you nylon bushings and barbed fittings for that size.

I don't usually clamp 1/4", but I also don't tap right off an irrigation line for it either.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water View Post
I did not realize that was a 1/4" line, From that perspective i thought that was a 2" pvc line and a 1/2" drip line.

Regardless, any irrigation supplier should be able to get you nylon bushings and barbed fittings for that size.

I don't usually clamp 1/4", but I also don't tap right off an irrigation line for it either.

Thanks.

I'm trying to develop some kind of system.

I also found some autofill valves that feed off regular 1/2" pvc last year, although they don't snake through crevices.

If not irrigation, what do you tap off of?

I've used a couple of hose bibs, but try to feed off something with a backflow device since the autofills sit close to the water, or in it.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't do much pond work, but the few autofill valves I did use were larger float valves with a 1" inlet, so we would just hardpipe 1" straight to them.

I only used 1/4" for drip, and it would come in after a pressure reducer and filter and only tee off of 1/2" distribution lines.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well... jagan popped in to tell us about some of his happy customers.

Hopefully he comes back so we can teach him a few pointers.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

M. D. Vaden

Quote:
I've found that its almost more important to display for keywords. I have some pages that don't even have a "1" for PR, but are some of the best performers, and bring good Adsense income.

How does that work for you, send me a pm if not for public but I would appreciate on your experience from your site

Thanks,
Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll View Post
M. D. Vaden

How does that work for you, send me a pm if not for public but I would appreciate on your experience from your site

Thanks,
I don't mind writing it.

But I think I'll start a new thread just for the PR subject. It should post in about 10 minutes - I need to look up some website links to go along with comments.