Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, I was referring to the adsense
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Troll View Post
Sorry, I was referring to the adsense
You know what a CTR or click through rate is, right?

If 100 pages of a site are opened, and people click on just 1 ad from all those page views, that's 1 in 100 - or, a 1% CTR.

Google won't continue an ad campaign, unless a website gets at least a 1% CTR.

My site has a 4% to 5% CTR - about 4 and one half clicks per 100 page views, or per 100 impressions, referring to display of pages with ads. About 15% of my pages don't have the ads.

Anyway, my entire site gets about 800 to 1050 page views per day.

And for GoogleAds, there are about 450 impressions or page views per day.

That's yielding about $4 per day = slightly over $100 per month. Not huge, but nice pocket change.

The pages that probably bring the most Adsense income, are my drainage advice page due to high traffic, the bird and wood page for the same reason, and my image albums for a higher click payment and fairly high traffic.

Some clicks are around 5 cents. The average seems to be around 15 to 20 cents per click. But one morning, I looked at my Google account when only 1 click had registered for the day. And that was $1.61.

So I know for a fact that my highest single click ads are at least $1.61.

A website is going to need a lot of traffic to make money from Adsense. If someone only gets 100 page views per day, they may make only $50 to $100 per the year.

And, Google does not issue ANY checks until each $100 benchmark is reached.

In a nutshell, it works well for me, but I have fairly high volume, and that's because most of my pages are advice pages, not "services offered" pages.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I appreciate you sharing the info. I was impressed with the choice on some pages you used the graphic/picture ads.

I need to reread your post and look through your site some more,

Thanks again
Old 05-09-2007, 04:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello,

I am agree that PR is not that much important as i have seen that even PR0 sites rank well in SERP's compared to high PR sites.

But PR has got its own value in webmaster community! As from recent update, i do not see much keyword SERP's change due to the PR update.

I have seen that PR0 Pages are being shown as gray bar in google but they are indexed in Google Database! It may be that these gray bar pages are in Supplement Google Index.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

How often does the google p/r get updated?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I believe somewhere three to four months.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I was pleasantly surprised when my p/r jumped from a 0 to a 2 in my website being up and running for less than 5 months!

Thanks to a couple friends, my site is getting phenominal results on searches, many calls and emails each and every day.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
A website is going to need a lot of traffic to make money from Adsense. If someone only gets 100 page views per day, they may make only $50 to $100 per the year.

And, Google does not issue ANY checks until each $100 benchmark is reached.

In a nutshell, it works well for me, but I have fairly high volume, and that's because most of my pages are advice pages, not "services offered" pages.
Yup, that's been about my experience as well, back in the days when I used to get just over a million hits / month... It's still up there, but this 7-year long war has had me not doing much, just disappointed at the work / income ratio, and the traffic has gotten a little worse from month to month... Amazing thou, that in the last 2 years of doing not much, I've lost a lot but the site still runs laps with the top 90% (just not 94%, probably not even 92% LOL).
Which, the sick thing is, all you really need to be around the top 90% is maybe 100,000 hits/month...
But from there it increases exponentially, so I'm not sure where I stand, a little over 90% I guess.

I know my fun site isn't the greatest, but at times I also feel so stepped on, work so hard and for so long, I do a little to it here and there anymore, my lawn site has my interest but my business today comes first, always.

At one time, I also earned around $100 / month from adsense, but it got a little worse every month for about a year, to where around the time it got into the $20-$30 / month range, I discontinued the ads before it hit total bottom, I couldn't take it anymore and didn't want to suffer it out, either.

I suspect because my fun site is a portal, a directory, it is unique in its class because unlike other sites, mine is not the final destination for a large percent of visitors. As a categorized link list, mine is either a starting point or a go-between for a good section of traffic, and this may have a lot to do with my adsense experience... That is, I feel like I may have sold out my traffic to google, and once gone it stayed gone lol.

But it is ok, I am stupid some days and at the time I thought I found a good deal on registrations... I found that if I registered for the maximum allowed that it was cheapest this way, and I registered my first domain until the year 2011 (can you say L.O.L., yes tyvm).
So, I have a few years left and I will tough it out for one, but I also feel the energy for at least one last, good ole fashioned hard core run for the money, BIG traffic and all that good stuff, a good ole spurt of flurry and activity. I have some ideas but not enough, and once the time is ripe I will do it, then from there I do not know, I may let it die out, I may continue, the overall experience will tell I suppose, but I just don't know.

Either way, this makes me sad, with a smile.

Last edited by topsites; 05-15-2007 at 04:03 AM.