Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked up my new Bob-cat Predator Pro with the Boss Vac. Here's what I think.

Its a Bob-Cat Predator Pro with the 33 HP Genaric engine and 61 inch deck. I also ordered it with the Boss Vac.

So far I'm very impressed with the mower. Its like mowing with a cadillac. Its the comfortable seat along with the controls. You just think and the mower does it. There's very little vibration from anything, even with the vac going.

The mower is built very solid and heavy duty. The fit and trim is very good too. The Boss Vac is heavy duty just like the mower.

The Boss Vac seems to work very well . I like it much better then my Protero vac. I mowed through some thick lush wet grass and it didn't clog. It sucked up every bit of it. It loaded up all three baskets chock full, and that is a lot of grass . Each basket is about 50 pounds a piece when loaded with damp grass. I didn't mow at full spread with the vac, but I wasn't creeping along either. The vac is also easy to empty. You just slide the baskets off the support rods after you lift the vac lid. The only problem I have with the vac so far is taking the unit off the mower. There's a bunch of pins here and there that are hard to get too.

With vac system off , the mower cuts very well, with out clumping so far. My older Bob-Cat clumped where this one doesn't. I even went fast a few times and it still cuts very well. That big 33HP engine really does some work with out slowing down. It also lays a good stripe just like my older Bob-Cat ZTR.

Iv mowed with the Predator Pro a half day so far and i'm impressed. I would, so far highly recommend this mower. It even comes with a beer can holder built into the left hand gas tank.
Rhode Island

2003 Ford F350 Dully V10 4+4
2003 Bobcat 61 inch ZTR, 25 horse Kolher
2002 Bobcat 54-inch walk behind, 17 horse Kawasaki
Stihl Back blower
2 Stihl strait shaft weed whackers
Stihl Chain saw
Little wonder hedge trimmer
Toro 22
9 foot Fisher plow
12+6 trailer
Red Max 8000 blower
Protero grass catcher for ZTR
Easy Dumper insert
water tank and pump set up for truck
Magna matic blade ballancer and grinder
Old 05-02-2007, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats good to hear! My Bobcat stripes excellent as well!
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower View Post
Its a Bob-Cat Predator Pro with the 33 HP Genaric engine and 61 inch deck. I also ordered it with the Boss Vac.

So far I'm very impressed with the mower. Its like mowing with a cadillac. Its the comfortable seat along with the controls. You just think and the mower does it. There's very little vibration from anything, even with the vac going.

The mower is built very solid and heavy duty. The fit and trim is very good too. The Boss Vac is heavy duty just like the mower.

The Boss Vac seems to work very well . I like it much better then my Protero vac. I mowed through some thick lush wet grass and it didn't clog. It sucked up every bit of it. It loaded up all three baskets chock full, and that is a lot of grass . Each basket is about 50 pounds a piece when loaded with damp grass. I didn't mow at full spread with the vac, but I wasn't creeping along either. The vac is also easy to empty. You just slide the baskets off the support rods after you lift the vac lid. The only problem I have with the vac so far is taking the unit off the mower. There's a bunch of pins here and there that are hard to get too.

With vac system off , the mower cuts very well, with out clumping so far. My older Bob-Cat clumped where this one doesn't. I even went fast a few times and it still cuts very well. That big 33HP engine really does some work with out slowing down. It also lays a good stripe just like my older Bob-Cat ZTR.

Iv mowed with the Predator Pro a half day so far and i'm impressed. I would, so far highly recommend this mower. It even comes with a beer can holder built into the left hand gas tank.
I ran a new Predator Pro with the 33 Generac this morning and was extremely impressed, the ride and controls were excellent and the Generac was very smooth and strong even at 15 mph.

I had just gotten off a M-72 37 hp Cub Tank and there was absolutely no comparison, the engine was wonderful but the ride and controls was the worst I had ever felt on any mower.

I owned Bobcats before but this new Predator Pro has really changed for the better. You should really enjoy your new mower, the controls are totally different from the older Bobcats, unbelievably smooth.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I ordered a 33 hp 61 Predator but, my dealer got a 52 along with it and I'm going with the smaller deck because it will go just about everywhere. I used a 52 last week and only used my wb on 3 spots, mostly hills and really tight areas. Glad you like the Bob-Cat, it's about time they get some recognition. They really are great machines and the Predators are just awesome.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I ran a new Predator Pro with the 33 Generac this morning and was extremely impressed, the ride and controls were excellent and the Generac was very smooth and strong even at 15 mph.

I am sorry but I was told this was a 15 mph mower, that is a mistake , the specs state the 33 hp Generac is a 12.5 mph mower. I was given bad information.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post

I had just gotten off a M-72 37 hp Cub Tank and there was absolutely no comparison, the engine was wonderful but the ride and controls was the worst I had ever felt on any mower.

I owned Bobcats before but this new Predator Pro has really changed for the better. You should really enjoy your new mower, the controls are totally different from the older Bobcats, unbelievably smooth.
ENVY GET OUT HERE!!!!!!!!!! Pupster you only mow 100 hours a year what do you know?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF500 View Post
ENVY GET OUT HERE!!!!!!!!!! Pupster you only mow 100 hours a year what do you know?
I62 last year get your figures right if you gona talk. I was running equipment of all kinds before the sperm that developed you was even thought about.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I62 last year get your figures right if you gona talk. I was running equipment of all kinds before the sperm that developed you was even thought about.
Thats a pretty nice piece of property you have if you mow 162 hours a year on it, I know since you enjoy mowing so much you should get a tank so it will take you 400 hours a year to mow it so you can enjoy the good old outdoors more.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF500 View Post
Thats a pretty nice piece of property you have if you mow 162 hours a year on it, I know since you enjoy mowing so much you should get a tank so it will take you 400 hours a year to mow it so you can enjoy the good old outdoors more.
I wouldn't be able to mow it with a Tank, well maybe after spinal fusion surgery. Have you ever ridden one, what could make it ride so rough, maybe it had 40 lbs. of air pressure in the tires, that is what it felt like. The property I mow at 15 mph with no problem would kill me at 10 mph on a Tank. My dealer said the suspension seat on the tank was not nearly as good but believe me it can't all be a seat problem.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some stripes laid down by my bobcat today. Personally, I would go with the 25 hp kawi on a 61 inch deck but im sure the generacs are OK.

Cheers
Jeff
Attached Images