Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I wouldn't be able to mow it with a Tank, well maybe after spinal fusion surgery. Have you ever ridden one, what could make it ride so rough, maybe it had 40 lbs. of air pressure in the tires, that is what it felt like. The property I mow at 15 mph with no problem would kill me at 10 mph on a Tank. My dealer said the suspension seat on the tank was not nearly as good but believe me it can't all be a seat problem.
Army tanks have been known to ride rough so I guess now we know the real reason it is called the tank because it da m sure ain't the build quality!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well it was challenging but I was able to clog the Vac. Ones I learned how to clog the vac I found that I did it more often, lol. High wet grass will clog it if im going too fast. If I'm cutting more then 3 inches off the top of the grass it will clog.

So far I'm loving my new toy
Rhode Island

2003 Ford F350 Dully V10 4+4
2003 Bobcat 61 inch ZTR, 25 horse Kolher
2002 Bobcat 54-inch walk behind, 17 horse Kawasaki
Stihl Back blower
2 Stihl strait shaft weed whackers
Stihl Chain saw
Little wonder hedge trimmer
Toro 22
9 foot Fisher plow
12+6 trailer
Red Max 8000 blower
Protero grass catcher for ZTR
Easy Dumper insert
water tank and pump set up for truck
Magna matic blade ballancer and grinder
Old 05-06-2007, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I ran a new Predator Pro with the 33 Generac this morning and was extremely impressed, the ride and controls were excellent and the Generac was very smooth and strong even at 15 mph.

I am sorry but I was told this was a 15 mph mower, that is a mistake , the specs state the 33 hp Generac is a 12.5 mph mower. I was given bad information.
Well I am not sure what the speed is...I dont have the new literature in front of me. But originally the ZT200's had 10cc pumps and the Predators Pro's had 12cc pumps. Now all except one ZT200 will have 12cc pumps(they are called ProCats) and the Predator Pro's will have 16cc pumps. 12.5 may be the new top speed...I cant remember...LOL
Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Well I am not sure what the speed is...I dont have the new literature in front of me. But originally the ZT200's had 10cc pumps and the Predators Pro's had 12cc pumps. Now all except one ZT200 will have 12cc pumps(they are called ProCats) and the Predator Pro's will have 16cc pumps. 12.5 may be the new top speed...I cant remember...LOL
According to their literature it is, that mower is quick and comfortable. The higher speed has helped them sell better in this area, Bobcat has a very good mower, the people just wanted a little more speed and comfort. The older model I owned was rough riding but flawless in every other way.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Told you guys the Bob-Cats were very smooth and ample mowers when you get up to the big ones.

The decks have also been baffled different since 2005.

Myself, before making the move to Lesco, the purchase before I was stuck between the Bob-Cat and the eXmark.

I could have got more mower for less money with the Bob-Cat.
Plus it felt better, sounded better and rode better.

Trouble was, all I could do was RIDE the Bob-Cat.

On the other hand, I could demo the eXmark, which sealed the deal for me.

The irony is, that I turned right around and didn't demo the eXmark "hard enough".

I might have been better off going with the Bob-Cat.

Anyways, AMAZING the difference a suspension seat can make for ride comfort.
I demoed an old one several years ago before the "stock" suspension seat.
Dang thing rode like a war wagon with 8 PSI.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
Told you guys the Bob-Cats were very smooth and ample mowers when you get up to the big ones.
What do you mean by big ones? There really is no difference in the ZT200 line from the 19HP 48" up through the 37HP 72"...besides engine size, deck size and now the pump differences.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post

The decks have also been baffled different since 2005.

[
I see a very big difference in the cut with the Bob Cat Predator Pro compared to my older Bob Cat.. The Baffled decks were a great improvement. It cuts the norther thick dense turf grass very well with hardly any clumping.
Rhode Island

2003 Ford F350 Dully V10 4+4
2003 Bobcat 61 inch ZTR, 25 horse Kolher
2002 Bobcat 54-inch walk behind, 17 horse Kawasaki
Stihl Back blower
2 Stihl strait shaft weed whackers
Stihl Chain saw
Little wonder hedge trimmer
Toro 22
9 foot Fisher plow
12+6 trailer
Red Max 8000 blower
Protero grass catcher for ZTR
Easy Dumper insert
water tank and pump set up for truck
Magna matic blade ballancer and grinder
Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower View Post
I see a very big difference in the cut with the Bob Cat Predator Pro compared to my older Bob Cat.. The Baffled decks were a great improvement. It cuts the norther thick dense turf grass very well with hardly any clumping.
I had the older style Bobcat and the new Predator Pro seems to be a little longer and I know it rides twice as good, she is fast also, about 3 1/2 mph faster I believe than the old 9 mph model.

The Bobcat Predator Pro impressed me when I tried it, I really liked the extra speed over my old one.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Get it right

Guys get it right...the predator pro with the 33hp generac engine does 13.5 MPH not 12.5. I just bought mine this year and cant wait to use it.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverport View Post
Guys get it right...the predator pro with the 33hp generac engine does 13.5 MPH not 12.5. I just bought mine this year and cant wait to use it.
QUOTE:

Speed
37hp Kawasaki 0 – 12.4 mph (19.9 km/h) forward;0 – 4 mph (6.4 km/h) reverse

33 hp Generac 0 – 13.5 mph (21.7 km/h) forward;0 – 4 mph (6.4 km/h) reverse

We did get it right, you need to look at the dates on the post. Bobcat actually was going to stop using the Generac engines altogether, the reason being people would not buy their mower with the Generac engine. My dealer was the top Bobcat dealer in the US year before last and I can remember when he told me there would be no more Generac engines offered on Bobcat mowers once the inventory was gone.

I called Bobcat personally and asked why they were no longer going to offer the Generac engine on their Predator Pro. I was told for every Generac they could sell there were several times more Kawasaki's sold. Generac has never been able to build a name in the mower market until recently.

I actually have contact information in my computer to the gentleman at Bobcat I made friends with, at the time we were talking I explained to him that I felt the Generac was a more powerful engine than the Kawasaki. I also told him there was less throttle lag with a Generac engine than the Kawasaki and the fuel economy was better. He said Bobcat knew this but could not get the message through the general public's mind because of the strong name Kawasaki carries.

When we were discussing this before; their specs no longer listed the Generac engine, they were phasing them out as their remaining inventory was sold. This is the reason people got so many wonderful prices on the PP with the Generac engine, cleaning up inventory.

More and more people are finding out Generac and Vanguard has a very good engine; but you will always pay 4 or 5 hundred dollars more for the Kawasaki name on a mower engine. Bobcat put the Generac back into their lineup because the interest in Generac engines picked up from information people have read in forums such as LawnSite. This is not a sales pitch, but normally good facts from people using the Generac engine and making comparisons to the Kawasaki's, they have owned in the past.