Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would say its gone into the black hole, i have lost a handful in the last few weeks on others sites, just how are you doing stuff etc, quiet often others have sent messages did you get my PM ?

As for who moderates PMs, its usually computerised looking for keywords etc, part of this is to stop recruiting for other sites and looking for threatning PMs directed at other folks,etc i guess once the computer locates something of interest the moderator at the time can look closer.

I would keep my PMs short in case they disapear into the black hole , then you can resend them
Old 05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

This is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, if you had a problem like this, you should have contacted one of us to let us know you were having an issue.
Instead, what the heck, "why not make it public and get everyone fired up", for absolutely falsely accusing us.
I can guarantee you a $50 bill, that NO private message was deleted. Deleting a pm about a lawn renovation? ya ok.
Have you EVER started a thread, went back to look for it, and it was NOT there? something happened when you hit the submit button and thread never appeared? Well that has happened to me before.
The only thing I can think of, you thought you sent the pm, but it never went thru. There was a glitch, a database error... I really don't know, but NO ONE went into your sent folder and removed it.
Believe it or not. From what I understand, a lot of people believed a lot of lies, and finally the sun shone thru and a lot of things were cleared up.
I suggest next time there ever is a problem like this, you ask, before you accuse.
A $50 bill will buy me a tank of gas for my car, I wouldn't bet $50 on this, if I wasn't absolutely certain no one touched your pm.
Take it easy,
Old 05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh here we go again, someone get a hanky. What do you crybabies talk about in pms that bother you so much if someone reads them?

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey envy at least you have private message privileges, I don't have any and for no reason at all. I have done nothing to deserve PM privileges to be taken away from me. I am a Platinum member who has broken no site rules whatsoever. Yet am unable to send or receive PM's.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel View Post
Hey envy at least you have private message privileges, I don't have any and for no reason at all. I have done nothing to deserve PM privileges to be taken away from me. I am a Platinum member who has broken no site rules whatsoever. Yet am unable to send or receive PM's.

LOL.....You followers and believers crack me up.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
#6 Today, 07:53 PM
lawnman_scott
LawnSite Gold Member Join Date: Jan 2001

If you want to talk about a "grey area", then why not do it somewhere else? The pm's are free, the site is free....... Why is everyone always such a crybaby about this old old news. And if you wanted an awnser you would have put it in the announcements or questions area. But you wanted to hide it to be the big guy and "show them".
Lets see with an open air antena TV is free, radio is free, my space is free, google is free, yahoo is free.... What was your point again oh you just want to read all of Envys thoughts...... real mature
Old 05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, if you had a problem like this, you should have contacted one of us to let us know you were having an issue.
Instead, what the heck, "why not make it public and get everyone fired up", for absolutely falsely accusing us.
I can guarantee you a $50 bill, that NO private message was deleted. Deleting a pm about a lawn renovation? ya ok.
Have you EVER started a thread, went back to look for it, and it was NOT there? something happened when you hit the submit button and thread never appeared? Well that has happened to me before.
The only thing I can think of, you thought you sent the pm, but it never went thru. There was a glitch, a database error... I really don't know, but NO ONE went into your sent folder and removed it.
Believe it or not. From what I understand, a lot of people believed a lot of lies, and finally the sun shone thru and a lot of things were cleared up.
I suggest next time there ever is a problem like this, you ask, before you accuse.
A $50 bill will buy me a tank of gas for my car, I wouldn't bet $50 on this, if I wasn't absolutely certain no one touched your pm.
Take it easy,
Look, like I said before, I wasn't trying to fire anyone up or start anything.

I just wanted to know 'who' moderates the PM's so I could get in touch with that person to get this sorted out. That's all. I was sure someone would know 'who'.

What I did was type up a long reply about a lawn renovation. I shortened it some by suggesting some google search keywords to get the person to other info of mine on one of the "other" sites instead of supplying a direct link, which I understood to be against the rules.

I've "lost" enough stuff here in the same manner that you have that I've learned to copy and past a copy of anything of any length into notepad. Then post, and make sure it posted or sent before closing notepad. And as an extra measure with PM's I leave my sent items a good while until I'm reasonably sure the reciever read it before deleting it. (I miss message tracking)

I guess I could have sat down and re-typed everything up by now in the time I wasted on this.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 05-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Ok, well sorry about you losing the message. Losing a message or post is frustrating, then add on if you think someone tampered with it, then I can see it making you more frustrated. i guess the only other thing is, could you go back even further into your sent folder and see if it is there? maybe you sent it a lot longer than you thought, and you aren't looking back far enough??? If not, then the only thing you can do is send it over again the same way you typed it last time, to the best of your recollection.

And now that you mentioned it, I hadn't realized "message tracking" was missing.
Maybe we can get it back.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, message tracking has been gone a while.

I used to use it and clean out my sent items folder of messages that were "read".

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 05-15-2007, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Member

What did happen to your PM...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel View Post
She, BTW, what did happen to your PM priv's? Your helped me last October with a question I had on a color change. I had another question on another project that came my way and just a week or two ago, I tried to PM you and it didn't go thru. I even went to the old PM from last year and replied on that but it still didn't work. Anyway, part of the reason I PM'd you was to tell you thanks for the advice and that the tips/help you gave me worked beautifully. Maybe reply with an email and we can communicate that way for future advice. Thanks again...