Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-03-2000, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I thought that finally I had found the blower I wanted. But then I found out that Red Max is in England. I heard some of you guys talking about them. How did you get them? Are their dealers in the US? dealers in Ohio? <p>Thanks<br>Grassboy
Old 03-04-2000, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

http://www.yetmans.mb.ca/manufacturers.html<p>check this link out and save it....
Old 03-04-2000, 09:48 AM

Before you buy grassboy. You should see if you can get it repaired locally.
Old 03-04-2000, 10:00 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Call some dealers in your yellow pages. About every dealer around here sells Red Max.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-04-2000, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

go to alamia.com
Old 03-05-2000, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Don not buy RedMax. I was a dealer. Part availability is the craps. If Atlanta does not have the part expect to get 30-45 days later on a boat from Japan. Yes RedMax is a Japanese corp. Komatsu/Zenoah is the proper name. I just had two engineers form their factory in the shop yesterday.Now I will not knock their engines. They make good engines but the rest of the machine is not commercial quality.
Old 03-05-2000, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jim, <br>What do you recommend he buys then, stihl or shindaiwa? Hes not going to need parts for a while dont you agree unless it gets physically damaged.
Old 03-05-2000, 01:28 AM
Banned

I have Shindaiwa trimmers and backpack and love them both. Start like nobody's business. Maybe you can find a dealer locally. Again, most all of this equipment is from Japan, so parts could be slow to arrive. I've heard good things about Shindaiwa's parts expediency, but haven't had a problem that would require me to find out. I burned out a brand new Homelite in one day when I was debating what type of trimmer to get. Make sure you get quality, whatever you get. Maruyama is another brand I've heard nothing but good about.&lt;p&gt;John
Old 03-05-2000, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

I have had nothing but great sucess with our Red Max trimmers and would not hesitate to buy more when the time arrives. The guys are rough on the equipment but the Red Max machines start on the first pull. We did not have any down time at all last year with the Red Max trimmers. I'm not really concerned if the parts are a little harder to get. (I'm also not sure if that is a valid point.) We keep two trimmers on each truck and a couple of extras at the shop that we use for landscaping and other large jobs. When we do need parts I'll order the part and throw a different trimmer on the truck while we wait. It not near as big a deal to wait on trimmer parts as it is mower, truck, or other key machine parts. <p>Also look for a reputable dealer when any buying equipment. My Toro dealer will actually supply me with a loaner mower if they cannot fix mine in 24 hours. This alone is worth the extra 20 minute drive to their shop.
Old 03-05-2000, 03:44 PM
Banned

We have redmax some as old as 4 years old and yet to have to do anything major. Also have never had any problems getting parts when needed. If dealer didnt have them they got them in a day or 2. Last year 1 of my guys broke the blade on the single sided hedger order the part got it 2 days later But wrong part in the right part box. So my dealer went took one off a machine he has on the show room floor so we would be back and going. Also they hold to comm. use better then most PLUS have the ONLY 2 YEAR COMM. WARRANTY. So I think it comes down to one thing and thats the dealer you deal with. A good dealer has parts and if does have it in does not wait for min. order to get free shipping to get it for you. Which is the reason most times you wait for parts with smaller shops.