Register free!

Old 08-14-2001, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Round-up or???

I was wondering if any one else has tried Lesco Prosecutor or other generic glyphosate products. I tried the Lesco product and it does not seem to work as well, slower to act and not as complete a kill as Round-up pro. I tried adding a surfactant even though it is not supposed to need any and did not notice any difference in performance.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-14-2001, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

tried the prosecutor recently.

mixed 5 gal. conc. to 100 gal.? water in our tank sprayer, did not use a surfactant.

used it at the commercials and the weeds are dead now.

for me it worked in about the same timeframe roundup pro would, but being generic was alot cheaper.
Maybe your poor results were the conditions during application? with all this heat recently the plants probably shut down and took in less, therefore the herbicide may have been less effective.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My Lesco guys said that it has the same amounts of Glyphosate as Roundup Pro. I will continue to use Round Up pro dry packets though. I think they cost 11 dollars for 6 packets. Each will treat 1000 sqft. Clean, simple and easy.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dry packs

JLC,

I would suggest you buy the 6.9lb jug if you prefer the DG formulation of Round-up. Your cost per 1000 will less than half of the individual packets.

I measure off individual mixes and put in ziploc bags to keep in the truck works well. I always keep a lable with the product though I imagine the state inspector would give me grief if they saw it.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mscotrid, that's a good idea. I'll have to do that when I use up my current amount. Thanks
Old 08-15-2001, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mscotroid,

That ziploc idea is a horrible idea and here in NJ would be a violation of the DEP regulations. To put any pesticide into an unlabeled jar or bag is just asking for trouble. If a small child were to find a bag filled with little white candy looking like pellets the results would be tragic.

Every year you'll catch a story in the paper about the kid that drank some chemical stuff that the landscaper was nice enough to put into a coke bottle so the homeowner could spray his own weeds.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

BAM,

Conditions around here were pretty good when I sprayed. Mid eighties, bright skys and two days before we had two plus inches of rainfall. I figured that crabgrass in those beds would be hoopin'.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CMerLand
Mscotroid,

That ziploc idea is a horrible idea and here in NJ would be a violation of the DEP regulations. To put any pesticide into an unlabeled jar or bag is just asking for trouble. If a small child were to find a bag filled with little white candy looking like pellets the results would be tragic.
Yeah...keeping pesticides in a food storage container is an accident waiting to happen. I have to agree with cmer. Even though it is convenient, think of what could happen.