Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-24-2007, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinM View Post
I've had my 20/54 for a week and have thoroughly enjoyed putting it through its paces. My one and a half acre back yard is evenly mowed in under an hour, the flex forks have taken the jolting out of the lumps and bumps.

Mowing the challenging front yard, with its slopes and trees and gardens, feels like a walk in the park and ends all to soon. Happily, I can mow it again in a couple days.

I do need to perfect my turning..... trimming close to the trees results in scalping by the rear wheels. At least that puts an end to the grass growing close to the trees!

Getting the proper setup for cleaning the deck is a little challenging, I guess the thought of lying under the upraised machine is a little off-putting. But, I think I have it figured out, so removing blades for sharpening shouldn't be a problem.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. Now, I'm off the mow the back yard.
Sounds like your learning and enjoying your new ride!!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Works View Post
Looking at a FasTrak with a 54" deck and a 21 hp kaw. Any feedback, positive or negative would be great and what thoughts on pricing. Thanks in advance.
I have the 21hp Kaw with the 54" deck. I love it! I looked at the Honda but decided the Kaw had more commercial experience so I went with it. The dealer mentioned the Kaw's were easier to cold start, etc. Only 2.7 hours on it so far! The 54" deck knocks out an acre in less than 30 minutes easy.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

My new Fas Trak 54 should be delivered next Tuesday. I ordered it with the Kawasaki, a mulch kit and flex forks. Anyone running the mulch kit? How about recommendations on the best blade set up for Northern grasses with the mulch kit? I was told to stay away from the gator blades by the retailer? Also, I tried to order the striping kit and was told "NO" as it has been discontinued on the Fas Trak.... What gives?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormrancher View Post
My new Fas Trak 54 should be delivered next Tuesday. I ordered it with the Kawasaki, a mulch kit and flex forks. Anyone running the mulch kit? How about recommendations on the best blade set up for Northern grasses with the mulch kit? I was told to stay away from the gator blades by the retailer? Also, I tried to order the striping kit and was told "NO" as it has been discontinued on the Fas Trak.... What gives?
If your dealer says stay away from the Gators in the mulch kit then he likely knows from experience in your area, I would go with the wavy mulching blades.
They are part # 797704
Your dealer was correct, at this time there is not a stripe kit available for the 48 and 54 inch FasTrak units, it never was available for these models, just for the previous versions of the FasTrak 44 and 52 inch units.
It is in the works, I don't know when it will be available or how much it will be at this time.

Pj
Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Utility towing with Fastrak 54

Thanks PJ,

Can you answer a question for me in regards to the Fastrak 54... (Owners manual has not yet arrived)

How much weight can the Fastrak safely tow? I'm wondering about pulling a fertilizer spreader as well as a liquid sprayer cart around a fairly level yard....

Thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormrancher View Post
Thanks PJ,

Can you answer a question for me in regards to the Fastrak 54... (Owners manual has not yet arrived)

How much weight can the Fastrak safely tow? I'm wondering about pulling a fertilizer spreader as well as a liquid sprayer cart around a fairly level yard....

Thanks
We don't publish a exact pound rating.
But lawn and garden type rolling attachments are fine.
Be careful on hills and around ditches and such.

Pj
Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I also have an ealier model; Have you checked your Honda rpm's I'll bet it is at about 2400 Hustler recomends 3600 rpm on that motor you will be amazed what a difference that will make. I am using duels as well my local,dealer recomended using high lifts on the bottom and Gators on the top works very well I can not complain one bit. use care when starting the blades at first not too much rpm and not too little either too much is hard on the motor clutch engagement, and too little will stall.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

pulleys are junk

I have two 04' models the fast track 16/42 and 18/44 I am always replacing pulleys (carbon fiber) ones . and the bearings keep going bad and the dealer says you have to buy the whole spindle assembly, not just the bearing.

1. Why not make all the pulleys metal ?

2. Why not have a replaceable bearing instead of having to replace the whole spindle?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Lawn Service View Post
I have two 04' models the fast track 16/42 and 18/44 I am always replacing pulleys (carbon fiber) ones . and the bearings keep going bad and the dealer says you have to buy the whole spindle assembly, not just the bearing.

1. Why not make all the pulleys metal ?

2. Why not have a replaceable bearing instead of having to replace the whole spindle?
How many hours do you have on them?
We have been using these pulleys for many years, for the most part we don't have any major issues with them.

1. that is a question for the designers and engineers, they have been in used in this industry and the automotive industry for 20 plus years.
2. The bearing is replaceable, it is part # 783555, but you need to make sure it is installed right and the spindle housing is not worn where the bearings seat in.
We have used this spindle in every FasTrak, Mini FasTrak, Mini Z, Super Mini Z, Mini Z 36/42 and it is used by many mfg's in this industry, they work great.

Pj
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemower View Post
I also have an ealier model; Have you checked your Honda rpm's I'll bet it is at about 2400 Hustler recomends 3600 rpm on that motor you will be amazed what a difference that will make.
Were your RPM's set too low when you got it? When did you notice?
Mowing my little 3 acre corner of the world...