Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got blamed for bad grass again...

Long time customer, 2 winters of snow removal and 3 cuts into the 2nd year of Grass mowing. He comes out and says he never had such a crappy looking looking lawn. Last year he was blaming Weed Man this year I guess he was insinuating it's my fault.

He said the grass was left long last fall and got matted down and has big dead areas and his grass does look like crap. But I also cut the neighbors lawn, and they know each other and her grass is fine. In the front yards its like night and day, his grass is total crap and her's is nice. They both kind of switch to bi weekly and canceled early last year so maybe his grass was long. He also canceled a power raking earlier this spring saying his neighbor did it for him with out asking even though today he said that he raked it.

I cut both their grass at same height and time, all the time and hers is nice.

He also thinks that both of them are paying too much (I raised my prices this year).. gotta feeling I'm going to lose both customers, Him I think I'll drop because I don't like cutting too short and I didn't like his attitude. It took my guy almost half an hour to cut his grass down like a putting green while I trimmed both yards and mowed the other (a larger yard) front and back.

I don't even know what kind of grass he has, it's lime green, long and travels along the ground. Kinda wavy like Donald Trumps hair.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Memories

Having grown up in buffalo NY, I remember every spring my dad had me in the yard, power raking, aerating, fertilizing , overseeding. Some years the the grass just didn't come back after winter dormancy. Winter ran long up north this year, could have been too much for it. Highly unlikely mowing killed it. Burns my biscuits when customers blame us for thier cheapness when it comes to full service lawncare. I always tell customers just because I cut your grass does not mean there is a putting green underneath.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

To me that is not a long time customer. You will live without him.