Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Lesco products

I am looking to start using Lesco Products instead of the current off brand stuff that i use i am wondering what everyone recommends for treatments using Lesco products they offer so many different products it can confuse a guy in a hurry. What is everyone using for a spreader? Any secrets when using dry chemicals to make the yard perfect and not have any stripes i see some of the other local guys end up with darker and lighter spots in yards.
Exmark Mowers
Wright Mowers
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Cut the rate in 1/2 and do a north/south, east/west pattern to eliminate striping.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Green Grass. We used to use Scotts by the semi load (largest buyer in our state according to our Scotts saleslady), but we quit using them after their "breakup". We've used LESCO fert eversince, and we could not be happier. Not sure, but I think LESCO is the Nation's largest producer of lawn fert? LESCO has been our most trusted & most reliable vender for many years now, so I totally recommend them. I'm not sure how the merger with John Deere will affect things. As far as a lawn program for your area, just ask your local LESCO guys. Lawn spreaders?....we mostly use LESCO's, but we also use two (heavier) Spyker 288's on a daily basis. Both are good. The Spykers really throw out the fert! Some of my applicators prefer the old-style LESCO spreaders over the newer (more cumbersome) LESCO spreaders. We overlap when we spread and never make two passes cuz it just ain't needed if you are properly trained. Bottom line: I suggest you contact your local LESCO. Good luck. Your I-35 buddy, americanlawn.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a TON of Lesco products at my full-time job. Fert, seed, chemicals, icemelt, plus- we have sprayers,, spreaders, and the hydrostatic turf renovator(seeder) which is an awesome piece of equipment. They've always been good to us.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

We use Lesco chemicals and fertilizer. We also use their spreader, ditto regarding simply overlapping and not criss-crossing. We don't use their backpack weed sprayers - they kept leaking all over our backs - nasty! Last year we tried the Stihl sprayers and they've worked pretty well - at least they don't leak.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagegreenlandscape View Post
We use Lesco chemicals and fertilizer. We also use their spreader, ditto regarding simply overlapping and not criss-crossing. We don't use their backpack weed sprayers - they kept leaking all over our backs - nasty! Last year we tried the Stihl sprayers and they've worked pretty well - at least they don't leak.
My Lesco guy said stay away from the Lesco backpack sprayers... he had another brand, Dutch company I think, the he said was much better. Good to know he's giving me good info!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Lesco products

My company uses Lesco products also. They are a great company that are always trying to advance themselves by testing new products to stay at the top, while others(Scotts) just make it consumer safe. On the subject of sprayers, I rely on Shindaiwa. Check there full line out.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey4 View Post
My Lesco guy said stay away from the Lesco backpack sprayers... he had another brand, Dutch company I think, the he said was much better. Good to know he's giving me good info!
I think you're talking about GILMOUR backpack sprayers.

Lesco only started carrying those because :

a) they already carried the green gilmour 1, 2, and 3 gallons handtanks, and
b ) they had numerous issues with the Solo backpacks that were going unresolved- so much so that at one point they were actually giving reject sprayers away for parts or whatnot...

I know, 'cause I got three!

Quality of the Gilmour backpacks ?
Dunno...don't have one.
Time will tell...look pretty bulky and cumbersome to me, though.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Not a Gilmour.... Bleichman, or something like that.... German maybe?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you might be referring to Birchmeier, a really good product, especially when dealing with thicker solutions like anti-dessicants and deer repellants. They're expensive (200-300 dollars or so) but well worth the investment. Price them out, though, since Lesco isn't the only one selling them. You can also buy them directly from the net.