LawnSite Member

Continued...
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Member

bump ttt
Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys i was reading this thread. I'm interested in the BB. You guys could go to an exmark dealer and buy that part and bolt it on and see what happens. I had to buy one for my exmark once because I misplaced it. That piece does make a difference.
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER
Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm confused by this thread. Are you using exmark blades on your bad boy. If so is it a 60" deck, what is the part number for the exmark blades and is the center hole the same as the bad boy. I have been wondering if exmark blades would fit the BB. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark and Dixie blades are the same specs just make sure the center hole is 5/8 as Exmark makes the Triton blades with a 15/16 hole BB has the same specs as Exmark and Dixie
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have the part number for the exmark high lift blades that fit the bad boy?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
Well, once you get the kicker design fine tuned to do it's best, there is really no down side.

The only one I can think of is that in some cases, like if you are doing VERY HEAVY cutting that you maybe shouldn't be doing... well, they you will notice the kicker will consume power while moving huge amounts of clippings. Sometimes you can even hear a clanging sound as the sail of the blade slaps into the clipping flow spraying off it. Might also act a little weird with an OCDC.

The benefits are that the kicker will stop the corner clumping, and it will improve the discharge velocity, distance and sometimes even the feather pattern to the discharge.

On some decks it also increases the cut quality. The reason is that some decks cycle clippings out faster, and on top of it, the deck is also limited in the amount of the discharge clippings the right blade can pull on around the back of the blade arc and throw back into the mix between the center and right blade.

Make sense?

Here is another demonstration pic courtesy of Scag...

Wow...that deck looks like it can handle a crap ton of grass.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

you notice a difference with the Exmark blades? I also have a 60inch pup w/ the Kolher. I get a few stragglers in wet grass but not bad at all. What do you like better about the Exmark blades?

F350 Powerstroke
F350 Powerstroke Dump
BB 61'' Pup
48'' bobcat
16' Box
Redmax. Sthl. Husky trimmers, blowers
Old 06-30-2009, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yet another happy Bad Boy owner, you hit the nail on the head, and really why spend the extra money.

The Bad Boys do share the same blade spec's as the Dixie Choppers they use a 5/8" hole. You can alos use the Dixie Chopper X-blades if they fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thKY View Post
Why would I spend more money when I can get the same or better results for less.....

Not trying to say that Scag is bad because it certainly isn't, but I have compared the cut of a Scag to my Bad Boy (with new deck) and mine is as good if not better.

The corner clumping is just a trivial matter, but what does matter is that it leaps and bounds better than the the TriVantage I had. After cutting thick tall grass like you posted in another thread, and regular residentals to boot you can see from my pics, that there is little deck scraping to be done. I can't compare to a Ultra Cut, but if it was the TriVantage I had, it would have easily been double that amount and it was only a 48". To top it off it will cut with any mower that I have seen used around here. So what's not to like?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youryardbarbourllc View Post
you notice a difference with the Exmark blades? I also have a 60inch pup w/ the Kolher. I get a few stragglers in wet grass but not bad at all. What do you like better about the Exmark blades?
Yes, I can tell a difference. It has more suction and throws the grass further. It cuts down on the number of stragglers, which also allows you to mow faster without seeing the cut falling off.