Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Water Feature / Video better than Photo

After 30 photos, I realized that an image wasn't going to do the job for one of my favorite small water features. I posted a photo of part of it last year.

Video really seems to be the way to go. My album URLs change. So the video link is on my home page. Go to http://www.mdvaden.com

Pick the featured "video" LINK in the first paragraph.

The link for that water feature, or another, will probably be on my pond page permanently too.

I think I've been dragging my behind too much regarding utilizing videos. The past two weeks, I've been thinking through that angle a lot more.

There are probably dozens of folks here on LawnSite, who could display their work 8 times better with the use of videos on websites.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 06-16-2007, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I really like your website but...

I could never view the video of the pond. I have Windows MP installed which is the plug in the link kept asking if I wanted to download. I even tried downloading it to see if it would work. I am not sure if it is just me or a glitch on the side of the website.

You have really invested in your website. It is very nice. I am sure that is a huge marketing tool. I am taking alot of photos and hope to do the same thing sometime when I have time. Nice work.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
I could never view the video of the pond. I have Windows MP installed which is the plug in the link kept asking if I wanted to download. I even tried downloading it to see if it would work. I am not sure if it is just me or a glitch on the side of the website.

You have really invested in your website. It is very nice. I am sure that is a huge marketing tool. I am taking alot of photos and hope to do the same thing sometime when I have time. Nice work.
Sometimes I have to click the little icon in the middle of the frame to get it to play.

But it does work. A whole bunch of people have been viewing it all week long. I even used other computers at customers homes to show it to them.

I use Firefox and IE for browsers.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890