Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo srm210 issues please help

I have a echo srm210 string trimmer and have been having problems with it since monday... When I try to run it at full throttle in the run position on the carb it bogs down and then quits... it runs okay now but I have the lever just a hair under choke.. What should i try next, i've changed the plug, fuel and air filter and even ran seafoam in the tank and poured some right in the carb as it was running....
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Try adjusting the high side of the carb. Sounds like it is fuel starved.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

clean the carb! most of the time when you have to run the choke half closed you have dirt in the carb. if its a new echo srm. you wouldnt have any carb adjustments, just idle
scag tiger cub 48
scag 52 hydro wb
stihl trimmers
sthil chain saws
stihl power brooms
york sweeper
echo hedge trimmer
husqvarna bp blowers
echo bp blower
giant vac blowers
new holland loader/hoe
trailers
and more...
Old 06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a problem like this and it was a hole in the fuel line. Inspect for small holes and then id say clean the carb. How did you go about pouring the seafoam directly in to the carb?

Cheers
Jeff
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the spark arrestor is out and did you check to see if the exhaust ports are clogged? How old is this machine? It should have two adjusting screws on the carb...have you tried those?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Guys thanks for the input, I did remove the carb and clean it, checked the exhaust ports all was clear. The machine I have is only 10 months old so it doesn't have any adjustment screws (pos) !!!!!!!! So I called a buddy that has a couple of new carbs for back up, I picked one up installed it and now it runs like normal

Oh and when it comes to pouring seaform down the carb I just start it up remove the air filter, put it on its side and fill the top of the seafoam cap and slowly drip it in.... I also remove the spark plug and pour some in head put the plug back in and let it sit there for a bit and then drain it and fire it up....
Old 06-14-2007, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojpent View Post
Guys thanks for the input, I did remove the carb and clean it, checked the exhaust ports all was clear. The machine I have is only 10 months old so it doesn't have any adjustment screws (pos) !!!!!!!! So I called a buddy that has a couple of new carbs for back up, I picked one up installed it and now it runs like normal

Oh and when it comes to pouring seaform down the carb I just start it up remove the air filter, put it on its side and fill the top of the seafoam cap and slowly drip it in.... I also remove the spark plug and pour some in head put the plug back in and let it sit there for a bit and then drain it and fire it up....
glad you got it up and running but the 210 (i ahve one as a backup) is more of a homeowner mach. they cant really take a commercial pounding (constant starts, stops, bouncing around, cutting heavy weeds...) all that being said i got one that lasted 2 yrs doing comm work
Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojpent View Post

If you buy any more trimmers check for the adjusting screws they definitely are needed on these lean machines....the Echo 261 definitely has them and so does my 3 years old 230.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywill08 View Post
glad you got it up and running but the 210 (i ahve one as a backup) is more of a homeowner mach. they cant really take a commercial pounding (constant starts, stops, bouncing around, cutting heavy weeds...) all that being said i got one that lasted 2 yrs doing comm work
For 275 bucks for 2 years is definitely getting my moneys worth. They are "light commercial" as in, if you run with no guard, 10 miles of line and trimmer 6 hours a day 6 days a week, it wont last long. Mine are still running steady at 2 years of medium commercial work not to mention they are my favorite trimmers.

Cheers
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WHat's a carb cost for a 210?