Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It may be alot of work to get it going but look at the positive, Lawnsite gets money for all the sales so we can have udated things, and if they thought about adding thr sponsoers on the shrirts then they get money form that as well
Old 06-17-2007, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree, would def. make some extra cash for the site, and I would p/u a few things.
The Diesel Place (another site I am a memebr of) has DP Gear consisting of shirts, and window decals that have the web address on them and they seem to sell pretty well.

Last edited by TN Property Services; 06-17-2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you really want your customers coming here, and reading some of these threads?

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 06-17-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS View Post
Do you really want your customers coming here, and reading some of these threads?
Ya, I am sure they would be comforted by the fact that many lco look in their windows and whiz in their bushes
Old 06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
What exactly in this thread is this aimed at? We were just discussing some ideas of Lawnsite maybe selling some ink pens, shirts, stickers, etc....

Nobody said anything about defacing property, peeing on the dogs' head or giving the Ferrari one up the tailpipe.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Property Services View Post
What exactly in this thread is this aimed at? We were just discussing some ideas of Lawnsite maybe selling some ink pens, shirts, stickers, etc....

Nobody said anything about defacing property, peeing on the dogs' head or giving the Ferrari one up the tailpipe.

This forum was designed for green industry proffesionals. When you drive around town with Lawnsite.com stickers plastered on your trucks, you are promoting this site to the wrong people. Read through some of the threads and you will see things that some might not want their customers to see. Also, not really hard to find out who is who and who said what. I know some members post coments that I would be down right emarrassed to be read by my customers. Like many of us, we do this sort of thing for a living, not beer money, so this is a little different than the diesel place or any other site. Yes, your customers can find this site by search but why make it easy for them. But then again this site isn't what it used to be either.

2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 06-17-2007, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ya, I am sure they would be comforted by the fact that many lco look in their windows and whiz in their bushes

Those lco's that don't know where to piss and crap when out working. lol The ones that take a peek at the customers daughter while she is sunbathing on the patio. Oh and don't forget the ones who have posted pics of minors.

2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 06-17-2007, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not saing plaster lawsite on everything but give people the option the buy items they may want or need.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
This forum was designed for green industry proffesionals. When you drive around town with Lawnsite.com stickers plastered on your trucks, you are promoting this site to the wrong people. Read through some of the threads and you will see things that some might not want their customers to see. Also, not really hard to find out who is who and who said what. I know some members post coments that I would be down right emarrassed to be read by my customers. Like many of us, we do this sort of thing for a living, not beer money, so this is a little different than the diesel place or any other site. Yes, your customers can find this site by search but why make it easy for them. But then again this site isn't what it used to be either.
Didn't really think of some of the other threads, (and I wasn't trying to be an ******* with my post), but I do see your point and I agree.

I also see Supper Grassy's point of maybe having a few items available for purchase to help promote the site and provide for server, software, and hardware upgrades, etc....
Old 06-17-2007, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, say i want safety glasses i dont want LawnSite across my view, i want to buy them from lawnsite to help iwth upgrades and things like that. mabey a T-shirt with the sponsors name on the back or something.