Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

how do i get these

the local grizzly gander mountain and tractor suply and the great escap movie theater well their landscaping looks like crap how do i go about offering bids
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ask to speak to the property manager, introdue yourself....being commercial they're probably under contract..if so ask when they accept thier bids and go from there
Exmark Metro 36 WB
Kawasaki KRB750B Blower< Don't buy one!
Echo 403 Blower
Echo SRM 210 x2
6.5 x 12 Trailer
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

the thing is the landscaping hasn't been done fo like ever i mean i don' think they have any one do them the same way with tractor suply when they built the store their landscaping was beautiful know the weeds are almost as big as some of the trees they planted
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Larold83

Hey their neighbor! For a second i thought i was loosing it. But no its someone local. Anyways, gooooooooooood luck. For the past several years i submitted bid request, Talked to all of the store managers, etc, etc. I talked to the manager at the great escape theater, i did however get a number to call this guy, but no call back. I know what you mean , its terrible.

BTW, there is good money to be made doing the mulch job for the lycoming mall. My one friend worked for the guy who did this job. The winning bidder subbed the work out to this guy, and after he got word what the winning bidder got it for, he told his crew(my friend) to lay it down thin. From what i was told they did the mulch job for 10k, and the winning bidder got it for over 18k.

Good luck, b/c i bet, its some Indian who is in control of everything. Like BP/Uni-mart in lewi. Its a trash dump now.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

you wouldn't happen to have his number do ya i wrote the vp a email but who knows if he'll get in contact with
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larold83 View Post
you wouldn't happen to have his number do ya i wrote the vp a email but who knows if he'll get in contact with
If you typed and composed your email the same way you post on here, I can certainly gurantee you that it met the "trash" box of his email program pretty quickly. If you can't come across business like, why would you expect to get business?
Old 06-24-2007, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
If you typed and composed your email the same way you post on here, I can certainly gurantee you that it met the "trash" box of his email program pretty quickly. If you can't come across business like, why would you expect to get business?
Absolutely correct. You need to present yourself as a knowledgeable, responsible, professional who can speak and write correctly. Illiterates need not apply.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

This is all I have to say.

If i were to go into details, well lets not go there, i rather not beat myself up over this stuff. Unfortunately I do not have his number anymore. I tossed the card. My advice to you is this. Make money by not investing time and money into trying to contact the right person, b/c its not worth it. Whoever is in charge, only wants the minimum amount of work done to meet the required requirements for that area. If you haven't noticed, this area is a sh@t hole.

I help this helps you.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have been running into this a LOT.....

it seems that some people dont care
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I service one property where the store manager is my friend (otherwise I wouldn't bother), His hands are tied, he has a VERY minimal budget to work with for the maintainence, and lawncare/ landscaping. Together, we've tried to get a little more money freed up to spiff the place up a little to no avail. Sometimes the property is not owned locally, and unless their is code violations, etc., they dont care what it looks like. Less money spent on landscaping= less overhead and more profit in their eyes.