Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

oh yeah, it is kinda weird. the old decks on the zd 28 did not cut as clean but shot it out a little better and would pick up wet clumps in a double cut better. but the new decks cut way better and way faster.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So is this the best diesel 72" mower on the market? I am thinking it is but I want your opinions.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazellLawnCare View Post
So is this the best diesel 72" mower on the market? I am thinking it is but I want your opinions.
I have over 200hrs on my ZD331 72. Nothin but for me. I would buy another if my buisness had the accounts. I cut my time down , and fuel consumption so much that I can take on much more work at this point.
Alot of the issues talked about in this post are right on. Most are nit picky and not really bothersome. The machine is heavy, and will tear turf if not driven by someone with experience. Even with experience you need to enhance your driving skills. Wet and soggy conditions are not for the ZD. I use my smaller mower , the tank, for such situations. Cut quality is great, and the stripping roller lays out a nice stripe. (Attachment.) And also Im not shure what some folks wer talkin about as far as grass discharge, but seems to me the deeper and wetter the grass the farther this monster throws the stuff . Power to performance is outstanding,with the 31 hp diesel having plenty of power. Ride is great , compared to smaller Zs.
I just wish I could mount a snowblower to it at this point!!!!!!!!!

Lakeside Lawn & Landscape
Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawnmowerman-What kind of service did you get out of your IS4000? I had one in 00' and had so many problems that I had to sell it back to the factory-you wouldn't believe my story. However, the mower rode like a dream and I've been on nothing since that even compares. I'd love to have another Ferris if I felt like I'd get good service.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
lawnmowerman-What kind of service did you get out of your IS4000? I had one in 00' and had so many problems that I had to sell it back to the factory-you wouldn't believe my story. However, the mower rode like a dream and I've been on nothing since that even compares. I'd love to have another Ferris if I felt like I'd get good service.
There's a reason I'm strictly Kubota now, even though the same dealer sells Ferris.

I'm in the same boat as you, just can't get myself to run them again, except for the walkbehind I have.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I had mine in the shop 10 times within 2.5 mos. and it had only 83 hrs. when I sold it back. The flywheel actually came off the back of the 31 and seized the engine as a last straw. The company didn't seem very worried about my problems either. The suspension was their greatest asset. I've looked at the Kubota and would like to try one but, no one runs Kubota around here, even though we have a great dealer-that's always a red flag.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I had mine in the shop 10 times within 2.5 mos. and it had only 83 hrs. when I sold it back. The flywheel actually came off the back of the 31 and seized the engine as a last straw. The company didn't seem very worried about my problems either. The suspension was their greatest asset. I've looked at the Kubota and would like to try one but, no one runs Kubota around here, even though we have a great dealer-that's always a red flag.
No one really runs Kubota around here either, we're right in the middle of Toro and John Deere country.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i am the only one here, but that does not stop me, everyone here uses exmark or jd or scag. i have tried all and dont see any benefit over any of them, and prefer the kubota. just because not that many others arent using it does not mean it is bad, or are you strictly a follower!?!?!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys... what is the blade length and center hole size for Kubota blades?

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

.... Envy, I am willing to bet it is anything BUT standard. That seems to be the way it is with Kubota .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
Hey guys... what is the blade length and center hole size for Kubota blades?