Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2000, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Mowing an account,saw the crowd next door,guy walked over said "Do you always mow here on Thursday we are going to use this house(My ex acct 2mos ago)next Thurs in a commercial." I said usually on Thursdays. He said he would appreciate it if I could rearrange my schedule. What would you do? Thanks Kevin
Old 07-22-2000, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tell them it will cost them X amount of dollars for you to screw up your scheduele. They can't make you not cut the grass, you might as well get something out of it!! I could see if it was a personal request or something, but they're making a ton of cash off the commercial, why not make some cash off them?? And for those of you who are going to bash me for the ethics issue, how much ethics do those advertisers have?? Let us know what you do!<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 07-22-2000, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I was going to reshedule this Thurs account to Wed anyway but I didn't tell him that. I did tell him if it rained I would not be there! Now I am thinking of going Thurs just for something to do! Mow, take a break,weedwhack, take a break, blow take a break. Eat lunch in the background, a little frisbee action!!!LOL
Old 07-22-2000, 10:18 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Kevin: For 3 years straight, Sears did their photography on one of my lawns. If it needed mowing for a photo shoot, they would call me and pay for the mowing, plus I mowed it on the regular day and the owners paid me. It wasn't a big deal for me, because we mow in the same area every day. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 07-22-2000, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with David. The advertiser should expect to pay for you having to rearrange your schedule. This might sound a little far fetched but what if this house was on a flight path of a major airline and they asked the airline to reschedule their flights? Do you think that the airline would charge them? Some might disagree with me but thats my .02 cents worth.
Old 07-22-2000, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think you shoudda asked him where their personel department was. then you shoudda told him that you were at least as funny as he was and deserved a chance to be on TV!<p>GEO