Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2014, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Those are nice stripes... You can see that the grass is laying pretty even in each stripe and you can't really make out the mower wheel marks... Looks good... I am surprised you didn't take the screen out and hang out the window to take some pics like I did... LOL
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone got any pics or setup on a Deere Z-trak commercial series, ROLLER Striper?

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 07-06-2014, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

This one isn't TOO pricey ... and, it's pretty easy to make a reasonable copy ... I'm planning to make one that mounts in the rear receiver hitch on my Z920R. With just a little effort and engineering, I can make it fully adjustable for downward pressure. Hope it's OK to link to an auction site listing just for information ... I'm not promoting this guy's product ... just using it as an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turf-Striper...item2c81694d97
Old 07-06-2014, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy1 View Post
This one isn't TOO pricey ... and, it's pretty easy to make a reasonable copy ... I'm planning to make one that mounts in the rear receiver hitch on my Z920R. With just a little effort and engineering, I can make it fully adjustable for downward pressure. Hope it's OK to link to an auction site listing just for information ... I'm not promoting this guy's product ... just using it as an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turf-Striper...item2c81694d97
Yeah that's one thing I want to avoid is a fixed striper, they only make them for 54" and up anyways.

I meant Wheel striper like most on this thread just can't figure good mount + pivot point because of the huge cast iron bumper.
Attached Images

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Actually, the one I linked to IS a wheel/roller style striper as opposed to a flap/drag system. With that big cast iron bumper, you have unlimited possibilities as to where to hang it. Cast is very easy to drill/tap for a mount ... you could easily set it up to hang directly under the bumper, or slightly aft if that is your preference.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah on the bumper but that would put it back very far from deck also leave it hanging out exposed pretty far.

I was trying to think of a way to mount on frame bolts in front of it and still have it hinged / flex with capability of hanging it up when not in use out of the way preferably secured to the bumper when not in use. There's not much to go on doing that way multiple fabricated bends to get the correct angles if even possible.

Ridin had that single roller mounted on the MOD my 7 Iron has a rear anti-scalp plus that roller is fixed in anti-scalp wheel mounts, not much for rubber flaps either the wobble wheel method produces the best results, unless you're using a gigantic single roller. I'm going to look over it hard today see what I can figure out.

Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

Old 07-08-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey All,

I am trying to decide on what boat rollers to pickup. Any thoughts on choosing to use a smooth wobble roller vs the rollers with a bit of tread that most use. The only thing that got me thinking is the Scag Striping kits along with the rollers on the Simplicity lawn tractors use a smooth roller. I didn't know if you think this might be easier on the turf in the long run? Who knows maybe it wont even make a difference.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

My only concern with the multiple, separate rollers is just that ... they are separate, which means they have gaps between them. I have never used them, so I am hesitant to make any claim of their ability, but, it seems they might leave unstriped areas where there is no ground contact. For that reason alone, I would prefer to use a continuous roller. Both versions are very simple to design/build, but the continuous roller has fewer parts.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Member

I here ya, I was still planning to go the route of seperate rollers but trying to decide between these two

Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeplearnin View Post
I here ya, I was still planning to go the route of seperate rollers but trying to decide between these two

I don't think one outperforms the other using them as a striping roller but I would lean to which ever one was heavier... I have the ribbed ones and they work fine... They don't mark-up the driveway or sidewalk so won't ware out for a long while... My main criteria in my rollers was price and size of the bushing diameter... I found a nice match from a guy on Craigslist for $2 a piece used... Run a wanted add on CL for either one and you will them cheap...