Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lawn roller

also, you can pin it up off the grass, unbolt it from the mount and still use the proslide behind it. I drilled out the solid plastic and made my own rollers.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

You don't need to water the lawn after your stripe it to keep the stripes longer. I can still see my diagonal stripe that I cut in my lawn 2 weeks ago. I alternate my striping pattern each cut. One week I cut diagonally, the next week I cut the opposite diagonal (you will see a diamond pattern show up in the lawn if you cut it right). The 3rd time I cut it I go side to side and the 4th time I cut it I go front to back. I then start over again cutting it on a diagonal.

When I make a zero turn with my Exmark Metro my roller assembly slides right over the lawn, no divots, holes or pulled up lawn. It works great!

Mark (aka MJR_63)
Old 07-26-2007, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenster View Post
Bfrogg,

You have some of the same questions I asked MJR_63 about a week a go when i started so I will help.
You should be able to get the end caps from the supplier of the wheels.
Cold rolled steel- I purchased mine from a local machine shop.
Brackets should be available from your strut supplier.

Yes it does work great and does not tear up the grass doing a zero turn.

Have fun.
Lenny
Thanks Lenny, I saw that you pm'ed MJR_63 but I don't think I have had enough posts yet to get that feature. Any other suggestions you have before i get started this weekend?

Thanks,

Bfrogg99
Old 07-26-2007, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Member

If you can't find the end caps, you can always improvise. I couldn't find them either, so instead I just drilled a hole crosswise in the axle shaft. Added a washer and a cotter pin and good-to-go! Might even be a little easier to remove than the axle caps if you need to make a repair or replace a wheel and you can get the cotter pins at any hardware store.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfrogg99 View Post
Thanks Lenny, I saw that you pm'ed MJR_63 but I don't think I have had enough posts yet to get that feature. Any other suggestions you have before i get started this weekend?

Thanks,

Bfrogg99
Bfrogg99

That's a tough one to answer because depending on your experience in working with the tools to put together the materials and your ablitiy to analyze the pictures posted, you may not have any questions at all. However, if you have questions, post here and I can reply or perhaps MJR_63 will be able to.

Lenny
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

My only question is, how are you attaching the super strut to the axle? Is it simply a whole in the L bracket?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry - -- hole.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, there is a hole in the "L" bracket. Look at MJR_63's pictures of all the pieces on the cardboard at the beginning of this thread. Then use one of the superstrut (SS) nuts that slides into the SS channel. Again look at the pictures of the pieces on the cardboard. Slide the square shaped nut into the channel to the location you want and thread in the bolt. You will probably want to use a lock washer as well to keep things tight. Also start to thread through the axle one bracket at a time so they all line up, otherwise you may have trouble getting the axle through if you put all the brackets on first.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

you may think they dont care about stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardMedic View Post
Call me the stupid new guy on LS here, but I also have wondered why people give two $hits about mechanical striping like that, or even worse why people would actually buy something to do it when as rodfather said most people will never care. I'm sorry to come off all high and mighty, but to me there are many more important things to do.
After being in the business for awhile i have always told my employees and everyone else, that those little things you do the customer doesnt notice but once you dont do it thats when they will notice. So as for the customer not giving two shits well I have to disagree. I sold my business due to seriously ill child and the company that bought my business I thought did a good job, But I have received probably a dozen or more calls complaining that the guy doesnt do as good of a job as I did. Now he does cut trim and blow but thats about all he does, what i always tell them is there are guys that cut grass and there are guys that manicure lawns, its all in what kind of service you want from you lawn care company. so keep that in mind when you get done cutting the grass or manicuring the lawn.:
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That looks great very nice
1996 Isuzu NPR Landscape body (NEW!)
Ford F:350 Crew Cab 4x4
2003 Chevy 1500 HD 6.0L
2001 1500 Chevy Silverado ext. cab
2006 7x16 Lark Enclosed Trail
2002 6x12 Horton hauler
1998 7x22 Open Tailer
2006 6x12 Down To Earth ( LESCO SPRAYER)
2007 Hustler super z 25 Kaw.
2006 Yazoo mid max 52" 21 kaw.
2005 Exmark 44" 18 Khol
2004 Toro Proline walkbind
All ECHO string trimmers and edgers 3 of each
Stihl Back Pack Blower 2 of each