Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2000, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Everyone here who was used a Toro Walkbehind or rider tell me! No one answered my last post so please tell me if you like them or not. Do they cut well?????? Are they a good mower???????!!!<br>
Old 02-23-2000, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's kind of a general question.<p>The answers are yes, yes and yes.<p>I'd stay away from the Z-300 line, though.<p>The 455-D would probably be good for you.
Old 02-23-2000, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

We run two small Toro walkbehinds. IMO they are good mowers. They cut well, are easy to use, and very reliable. They only thing I don't like with Toro products is it seems like you have to go to the dealer to get parts. If you look at a &quot;Landscaper Supply&quot; catalogue, you can practically rebuild some of those mowers from the ground up. Toro parts are just hard to come by. Not to mention, they are expensive too.
Old 02-23-2000, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i own a toro z master midmount. i love it.. cuts great in all conditions and has a great ride.
Old 02-23-2000, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought a toro z master 100 and love it the cut is great I was a little nervous about the pause between reverse and forward but found it not to be a problem just a little getting used to. As far as the parts being expensive I look at it as any good mower will have expensive parts.<p><p>Exquisite Lawn Services<br>snake1040
Old 02-24-2000, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought a Zmaster 150 20hp Kohler with 52&quot; deck. We demoed everything available in our area (excluding Skag and Dixie) and while my personal favorite was the Exmark, the Toro is close enough. What cinched it for us is the 0% interest 24 month payment plan through Toro. No other dealer offered a similar plan. We despise dealing with the banks and didn't have the cash to make an outright purchase so this works well for us. Also, we side discharge 95% of the time so the Toro is great for us, if you bag (and I don't know why you would)and do mainly residential lawns then Walker may be the one to look at. We couldn't pass up the Toro though, it's a demonstrator model from last year so we saved $1500 on the sale price right off the bat. We'll most likely put Gator Blades on it, all of our WB's have 'em and the work great.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>
Old 02-24-2000, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Lazer, why are you against the 300 series? For $5999 I bought the 20hp with bagger. I could not pass it up seeing that a trac vac along costs 1700 for a Z, with not as much copasity and unbalanced weight transfer. I need a bagger because we have accounts such as Meijers and commercial where people throw there garbage out the window.<br> I hope I do not have a lot of problems with it. Do you have personal experience with one of the 300's?<br>
Old 02-24-2000, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never owned one. Just ran them and talked to the few owners there are.<p>If your bagging, it might be a different story. They are designed as a dedicated bagger machine. If you bag all summer, they're probably a decent choice.
Old 02-29-2000, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey will anyone else help me out here??? I'm sorry for anything I've done to make few people answer my questions! I really am trying to learn some new things here about these mowers. Please, reply to this with as much information you have on the subject. Also check my other discussions on &quot;Edgers&quot; and &quot;Sulkys&quot;. <p>Thankyou very much,<br>Grassboy
Old 03-01-2000, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Grassboy, I do not understand your &quot;please help me out&quot; thing, it sounds like you must be a girly-boy ! I believe if you would spend some time reveiwing the past posts, you can find out about any subject you want to your hearts content. I find I have learned a lot from the guys on the board from reading, not pushing for answers. Just my opinion. good luck on you quest for info.