Register free!

Old 08-30-2001, 04:00 PM
Banned

PGR's

If anyone hasn't tried AtrimMec, you need to this SPRING. Backpacks work great after you shear or prune, it saved me ALLOT of $$$$$!!! Plus my shrubs look KILLER!!!
Anyone else with PGR experience out there? I'm about to Proxy my turf for FALL. I love Regs and would love to know anyone's experiences with them.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey powerreel,
Have used Primo @ .75 oz/M with 4-6 oz of Iron (Primo makes grass greener by concentrating chloroplasts but Iron makes it crazy green) and a contact fungicide immediately following the second cut of the year. Unless the turf gets hammered during the winter. I fert earlier than most. That gets it growing and all turf to a uniform height. Once there, I blast it. The first week after spray clippings are normal. The second week is awesome. Here at the house, I just made the third Primo app. of the year.
Primo & Proxy are both GA (gibberelic acid) inhibitors, so they both do the same thing. The lawns look like they're getting cut twice a week. Rate will determine how long they last (4-5 weeks). Proxy is cheaper. But a friend of mine worked for Ciba/Novartis (now whatever) so I've got a bunch of Primo.
Use heavier rates for Perr Rye. 1 oz OK
Bluegrass responds well to .75 oz
Warm season: I have no idea. Anyone?
Creeping Bent & Fine Fescues watch out when its hot. Many applicators wont use any PGR's when its hot. Temps aren't really the issue; Stress is. Don't spray IGR's on stressed turf. PERIOD.
One of my buddies ferts all his lawns & seeds where needed in April (Stamford CT. on LI sound), then waits till late May/Early June. The Bomb tank mix goes like this:
Liquid Iron 12-0-0 LESCO Chelated 6 oz/M
Primo .75-1 oz/M
Dimension Ultra .2Lbs Ai/A
Momentum Selective 1.2 oz/M
Talstar (for surface feeders) check label
Merit 75WSP (for Grubs) 1 pack/11,000sq
Whatever fungicide he can still afford!
------------------------------------------------
You wanna talk about an expensive tank mix. But, his lawns look great. This year he encountered early drought stress when he got behind schedule. He painted 3 lawns green. No permanant damage, but a little toasty on the edges.
Buts lets face it. He cuts grass. Nothing any 'scaper does costs anywhere near what cutting does. It's also the smallest return on investment thing you can do. So anything you can do to make a lawn grow slower yet look better is money very well spent. Good Luck, Steve
Old 09-13-2001, 03:42 AM
Banned

I tried a few EMBARK plots today.....English Ivy.

BTW Got all my turf covered with the Proxy last week....... guess I can take a longer lunch!