Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

With all the rain we have been getting , most of my systems havent run in a week. Only thing good about is is it brought lightening along with it. Big vaca week this week and the rain is keeping things green. Im thinking in about 7-10 days when things dry out and people see their lawns browning that they will look at the controllers and the calls will start coming in for clock replacements.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
With all the rain we have been getting , most of my systems havent run in a week. Only thing good about is is it brought lightening along with it. Big vaca week this week and the rain is keeping things green. Im thinking in about 7-10 days when things dry out and people see their lawns browning that they will look at the controllers and the calls will start coming in for clock replacements.
Where you going for vacation?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Havnt decided yet. My girlfriends family has a place on a lake in central Maine toying with that idea. Also considering the connecticut lakes region of NH ( pittsburg) It has always been one of my favorite places . It is right on the 45th parrelel ( 1/2 way between the equaor and the north pole) Some of the best coldwater fishing east of the missisippi, trout salmon heaven.
Or just may ake the 4 day weekend around here. A ride on the harley, 1 or 2 days on the ocean with the boat.

Im definatly not taking the whole week as I was drawn to hunt a moose in Maine in October so I will be taking a whole week then.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Seeing its sox / yanks weekend , going to a place where we can get game coverage will be part of the decision.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Havnt decided yet. My girlfriends family has a place on a lake in central Maine toying with that idea. Also considering the connecticut lakes region of NH ( pittsburg) It has always been one of my favorite places . It is right on the 45th parrelel ( 1/2 way between the equaor and the north pole) Some of the best coldwater fishing east of the missisippi, trout salmon heaven.
Or just may ake the 4 day weekend around here. A ride on the harley, 1 or 2 days on the ocean with the boat.

Im definatly not taking the whole week as I was drawn to hunt a moose in Maine in October so I will be taking a whole week then.
Paralysis by vacation analysis. Can you haul the Harley up to Maine or follow her? Harley, Maine, Sox gets my vote.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Can put the harley in the truck and tow the boat. Sox are on a pay channel that they dont get at the camp up there. Thats where the tough decision comes in.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bring the radio. You already know what they look like.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats on my to do list for today , find stations that will broadcast the game.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lounging in a small boat, game on the radio, beer in the cooler. Near to Nirvana.

"Hope the fish don't bother us."
Old 07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Moving the thread back on track...as a potential customer for a more elaborate system than I currently have, there sure needs to be something better than a Hunter Mini-Clic. We had five and a half inches of rain Saturday, My system came on Sunday! That silly thing only works to keep the system from running while it's raining. That's not what the brochure says, but that's the reality.

So ET is easier to sell than sensor based systems. Are they better, or just easier to sell? What about cost? Roughly speaking, if you're just replacing a Pro-C and not changing any plumbing, how much would an ET cost and how much would a 2 sensor system cost?