Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2000, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I am doing a report for English class on how successful lawn mowing businesses are run. I also am starting a commercial lawn business myself. (kill two birds w/ one stone). Since a lot of you guys are very successful in this field, I was wondering if you had some info I could use in my report, or for my business? Maybe an internet site, or maybe I could interview a few of you guys online.
Old 02-18-2000, 06:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What sort of info you after?Im in Australia<br>and Im not sure if my info would be any use,<br>but if you need info,go ahead and ask.<br>I dont have a web site.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a post from a few days ago with a list of magazines about the lanw and landscape business. Go to their sites and maybe you can look of some articles. Several of the mags. tell the success story of various companies. The subscriptions are free, so while you are at the sites, sign up for their publications.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

get the ServiceMaster Annual Report. The part on Tru-Green and Landcare will tell you everything you need to know about being No 1.<br>ServiceMaster 1-800-333-6678 Ask to talk to the boss(CEO)C.Pollard. Tell him you know me and he'll talk to you but you might have to wait awhile because he is always busy counting the money.
Old 02-18-2000, 10:52 AM
Banned

Try lawnservicing.com They have a site that I think would be very beneficial to you in your report. Grassmaster is the webmaster there and has a nice links page. I can't remember the title of the link from the start page, but it's near the top of the page. If you can't find the information you are looking for there, email me and a I will see if I can help out.&lt;p&gt;Last semester I used the same paper for two classes and my instructors were aware of that fact. I got two A's.&lt;p&gt;John
Old 02-19-2000, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Fireball, you work for ServiceMaster? My dad works for them in the Healthcare management department.
Old 02-29-2000, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay now I am BEGGING! I need some help. Please someone help me with some information.<br>Thanks,<br>Grassboy
Old 02-29-2000, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

grassboy this and grassmasters site is the best info i have found on the net, if you really want hands on go to a big company in your area and ask if you can tag along with the owner for a couple days they might do it they might not, but if i was doing a report on doctors i would go talk to a doctor, if i was doing one on movie theatres i would go there, the best i can not think of a topic that has not been covered on this or grassmasters forum, what more do you want, i will do the report for you for my standard charge of 30/hour if that wil help,<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 02-29-2000, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

cjcland, <br>Thanks for your comments. But I aren't all of us talking on this forum from a lawn business of some sort? That's why I asked the question HERE.
Old 02-29-2000, 06:37 PM

Grassboy. You are not gettng a direct response because there are volumes of info on running a successful lawn service business here and in the archives. Just put in hallofforums to find them or someone may have the link. I think you are just trying to get someone to do your homework for you haha. Now stop looking on our papers or we are going to report you to the teacher