Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-02-2007, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
I bet you can't count how many times that machine has paid for itself. I have 800 hours on my kholer 25 on my 425... it sounds like it is just getting broken in!
many many times. don't know how i ever did it without it. i take my dingo everywhere. wish it only had 800 hrs on it.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My 425 has 1200 and still going strong - Powerhouse is a good unit as are most of the other major brands . BUT , no other tracked unit has tracks as wide or as smooth as the 425 - that is the sole variable that imo makes it imperative to use the Dingo since most of my work is on turf that I want to keep undamaged . Until someone else matches the track width , I won't consider using any other brand .
Old 08-03-2007, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The tracks on Boxers are the same width as the 425. And there is more versatility with the boxer because with the variable track model you can go from 32" wide to 43.5"wide.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred350 View Post
The tracks on Boxers are the same width as the 425. And there is more versatility with the boxer because with the variable track model you can go from 32" wide to 43.5"wide.
Actually focal point is correct. The boxer track width is 7" and the dingo tx425 is 9.5". This may seem small, but I think it makes a difference. The variable track width is great, but scratching the hydraulic cylinders is a problem, and having that mechanism exposed to the terrain is not the best design.

I am with focal points on the track system. I wanted a machine that will not damage existing turf. The dingo is probably the best candidate for this function given the width of the track, the track design, and the machine is actually much lighter than a boxer(especially when you are comparing diesels). I am sure the boxer is better than the dingo in other departments... just not in my department!

For the right price, I would run a boxer... but if I was buying new it would have to be a dingo.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

This is on ebay right now. Has the mini skid trailer and attachments w/300 ish hours on it for $14,000. Seems like a good price if the powerhouse is a good machine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prowler-Landscap...QQcmdZViewItem

Some of you guys near FL may be interested.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a fair deal... not a flaming hot deal... but not bad.... hell of a lot better than buying everything new. I think the powerhouse is the same thing as a boxer.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if its this one, I didn't like it. It beat my gut up pretty good, I would say they are nothing like a Boxer- made by the same company but the boxer I used was a million times better.
Attached Images

www.greenmountainlandscape.com
Old 08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No that is a Thomas.... powerhouse prowler and boxer are the exact same thing. I owned one for about a week... then sold it to one of my friends.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
No that is a Thomas.... powerhouse prowler and boxer are the exact same thing. I owned one for about a week... then sold it to one of my friends.
why did you sell it?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolaken View Post
why did you sell it?
I own a Dingo!

No I bought it just to sell it... I wanted some attachments that went w/ it... I paid $3000 for it w/ trencher(new teeth), McCollough cover-up, auger w/ 36" bit, and a bucket. Supposedly it had a blown engine... but my buddy that bought thinks it is just a valve or something. I ended up selling it to my buddy for $3500 and gave him my old trencher, bucket, and the auger w/ a new 18" bit.... it was a hell of a deal for both of us. I still prefer my dingo though.