Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2007, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What mowers came with the Milsco Cr-100 seat?

It's the earlier suspension seat. The one the early EPS Lazers had.

My Lazer and my Super Z both have that seat. Or should I say "had." The weather got to both of them and they started cracking an coming apart. The cushions seperated from the shell and over time, I have managed to lose one cushion off of each seat. Basically, I have something to sit on, and that's it.

Hustler sells the seat shells with the cushions. Much cheaper than having to buy a whole new seat, but they are black like the original. I don't really want any more black seats. The Exmark was gray, but Exmark does not sell the replacement shell and cushions. I contacted Milsco and they said they do not sell to the public. And that I should get in touch with the mower manufacturer. Already tried that as I mentioned before.

Another option was to go with the newer Michigan V-5300 seat that most use now. Northern has them for a fair price, but they look to be either charcoal or black. For obvious reasons I would prefer grey. Buying a whole seat through one of the mower manufacturers is out of the question. I'm not dumping over 1000 bucks for two new seats when all I really need is the shells and cushions for my old suspension set ups.

So what I need to know is what other mower manufacturers used this seat in the past. Maybe there is a slight chance one of them sell the replacement shell and cushions in gray. I seriously can't believe that you can spend this kind of money on something and only some choose to sell service parts. Here is a picture of the seat in question, in better days.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In light grey.... I can only think of eXmark.
Most of them were black like on the hustler.

Try a Toro dealer... It's possible their's were grey for a while.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Keith,
Did you ever find one of these seats? I've got the same problem. I realize this is an old post.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I went with the Michigan V-5300 seats. I lucked out and found two new ones, not to long after I posted this. One was from a Toro dealer that was selling it on ebay, back when they were offering a free suspension seat upgrade to certain mowers. The other was a from another dealer online, and that one had a Steiner logo on it.

Both were new and I don't think I paid more than $400 shipped for the pair. I like the V-5300 better than the Milsco.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That looks similar to the one on my deere 1445
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info...