Register free!

Old 01-23-2015, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

retrofit

Want to change a Vista system to LED . Will Volts MR16 work in the Vista fixture ?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, Volts will, but so will Vista's own MR16 LEDs and several others.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

The reason I ask is because on the website it says the transformer must be magnetic core and output of 12v a/c . I thought all landscape lighting transformers were this way , such as Vista ,Kichler and others . I also wanted to try the product and the price was good . The price on Vistas lamp through John Deere was quite high .
Thanks
Old Today, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Transformers come in all shapes and sizes. They can be magnetic, electronic, AC, DC and on and on. The majority of popular landscape lighting system suppliers and manufacturers will use the standard magnetic type transformers with 120v input and 12-15v output. However, and don't take this personally, you really shouldn't be fooling around within this industry just because you have access to a distributor who is willing to sell it to you. There are an abundance of people who think this is simple stuff and they think that any jerk-off can install it and make a few bucks. In Florida, it is required to be licensed for this type of work..... and for good reason. You could literally burn someone's house to the ground if you don't know what you are doing.
Again, nothing personal..... just my 2 cents because it really pisses me off when people take business from me and provide inadequate services to clients that I could have had, even though they will eventually be calling me to "fix" the problems that someone else installed.

On another note, I was in the Navy with a guy named Henry Hull who also lives in Hickory. Do you know him by any chance?