Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2000, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here in SW Arkansas we are having our first big thunder storm of the year. Been raining a lightning all night and still coming. Temp's are in the high 50's now and will be in the 70's all next week.<p>Can hear the grass starting to grow. It sure will be nice to get back to work on a normal schedule.<p>Ya'll have a good day.<p>Jim
Old 02-26-2000, 01:17 PM

Temperature here yesterday was 77 deg. Its about that now. Mostly weeds are growing right now. It sure feels like spring and has for awhile.
Old 02-26-2000, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Member

ah..the smell of spring$$$.Here in the upper midwest our last snow disappeared overnight.<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

With temps in the mid 70s last week we are seeing the first signs of spring. Today I saw iris reticulata, snow drops and crocus all in bloom. What a refreshing sight!<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

We've never started our newspaper ads this early, but with this mild weather, do you think spring clean up jobs could come in this early? (Northwest Indiana)<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, Mike- there were guys out in South Bend this past week doing cleanups. I'm just doing some pruning now though. Hate to have to redo cleanups.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
Old 02-27-2000, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

clean-ups as far as customer clean-ups must be a northern thing all winter i am looking in my my customers propert for something to do besides edge and blow off, dont get me wrong i do one time clean-ups for people, or am i missing something here, i want to be the best i can be so tell me if i am missing out on something, i have never seen anyone aeriating down here either, should i be doing that or does the sandy soil have something to do with people not doing it,<p>thank you<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 02-29-2000, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Member

cjcland, A big money maker for our company is fall and spring gutter cleaning. We charge $20.00 flat fee if we can walk the roof and use our blower, if we have to use a ladder or ropes, we charge more. Most don't run over $50.00. Most people up here don't think twice about dropping $20 for having their gutters cleaned and in most cases it takes but a few minutes. It diffently adds up for us. We also pick up yard debris in the spring when the weather breaks. It's always a question for us as when to start our newspaper ad.