Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Opinions...Fastrack 44, 48, 54

Ok, so i am expanding into larger properties and looking to get in commercial the coming year. Have two properties that are 2 acres and 1 commercial along with my residentials. I originally targeted small residentials so i bought a Gravely 34z. Well i love it and cuts awesome. Then i got the first commercial, and now these two homes on the acreage. Well it just takes me forever with the little 34 mostly because 1/2 of these large properties are bumpy uneven ground and i have to slow down or get beaten to death.

So the local dealer has a great sale going on some new 2006 models....44, 48, and 54. And with the 1.9% now it seems like the right time to buy in order to expand and be efficient. What are your thoughts on the sizes...i worry about a 54 on the residential yards as people have asked me several times if i use one of those "BIG" mowers and i tell them no at this time. Also, with residentials around here i have a few flower beds to get in between and around, etc. But i know a 54 would make the big places that much easier.

I know the logic would be to get the 54, have the 34 and go with that, but i would like to get rid of the 34 and have a bigger 44,48,54 and then a smaller 32 or so WB to get into back yards. The 34z would be quite expensive to have just for occasional use and it has not seen much with all the rain we have been having and i do not want to chance rutting the yards of my nice clients. So the 21 has been seeing a bit of use.

OK, i hope that all made sense. Would like to know what you think size wise is good all around and why? Also i dont do a ton of yards so i think a Fasttrack should be ample for me and i think the honda, kohler, or kawi would work fine as i am religious and sometimes overly cautious with maintenance.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would certainly lean towards the 54" unit with the 21hp Kawasaki.
Even if your getting rid of the 34" Gravely unit you say your buying a 32" WB, so you have tight / gated areas covered and large areas covered with the 54".
The larger 54" will make you a lot more productive and also allow you to add some larger properties to your mowing route.

Pj
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 AM
LawnSite Member

You mean no one else has any insightful info to pass along?

So, here is the current situation.

2006 Mini Z 52" with either the 24 honda or 19 Kawi i think (cant remember off the top my head) for 5900.00 OR

2007 Fastrak 54" with Honda 20 for 4900.00

Which way do i go for the smaller amount of business at this point....although i do plan on going for a few commercials and bigger properties this coming year????? I want something that will stand the test of time, and have good resale/trade in should i decide to change down the line.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a heck of a deal on the Mini Z @ 5900, I would be jumping on it.