Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2007, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Need assistance please... What do you folks think of this package deal

Newbie here... Appreciate a everyones feedback. I plan to start the business. I saw this deal and would appreciate everyones feedback. Thanks in Advance folks

1 - exmark z hp 52" 23hp (bought in 2006 for $6000), not used at all in 2007. In great condition with VAC system. We put approx. 150 hours on mower.
1 - Scag mower model sw 36" 2004 not used at all in 2007 great condition. We put approx 200 hours on mower.
1 - 2005 Falcon double axle 6 1/2 x 16" open trailer with gate. Bought new in 2006.
1 - pair of steel ramps
2 - gas hedge trimmers
1 - gas chainsaw
1 - wheelbarrow
1 - each rake,shovel,pick,pitch fork,bucket

Complete Package asking price is 7,500 OBO
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

are you looking to sell the Exmark seperate or just part of the package
Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of purchasing the whole package folks....

I'm thinking of purchasing the whole package folks. I'm not selling it! Please let me know if the price is right for the items that the guy is selling. Again I'm thinking of purchasing and NOT selling. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah thats a good deal i'd say, its an easy way to start off cheap. that whole setup costs less then the new z-mower i just bought, lol so i'd say jump on it.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The simple rule is, so long the seller needs the money worse than what you need what they are selling, you have room to bargain.
But if it's other way around, it's their market. There's no telling for sure, you never really know, but take it easy and don't rush helps.

I would say that sounds about right, but read on...
The thing that might work in your favor, at least where I am things are a bit tight, every Lco is hurting, some bad, some worse.
Not a whole lot of upstarts around here lol, but if you lived here the financial outlook from a buyer's point of view is good.
You might can kind of tell where you are, if the weather's been pretty hot and dry most of the year, chances are...
Thus I also think you might get away with a 6g offer, cash...
Because from the look of things that guy's getting out, that's another clue.

Try it, it's worth a shot, all depends how bad you need the quips vs. how bad he needs the money.
I wouldn't fool around much, walk out there with 60 crisp (I mean crackingly KRISP) 100 dollar bills, see if he'll take it.
You may have to pay the full price, I do not know, it's a roll of the dice I guess.

Good luck.

Last edited by topsites; 08-11-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good,new equipment plenty of life left to make profit.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If your not intrested, let me know....
Yea, i'd say thats an ok deal. check the useal of course. Compression on engines, belts, bearings hydros...
but of its all good, decent deal. Why is he selling?
its not all stolen is it?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a great deal to me. You'd better jump on it quick. Someone is going to buy it, and fast.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The mower does not look in that great of shape for only 150 hours on it. It is going to bluebook for around 4875 or to 5200 IF it is in GREAT shape. As far as the Scag goes,...come on, now.... Let's think about this a moment. The guy is going to try to tell us that it has only 200 hours on it? Yet it was about 2 years prior to the Exmark? Yyyyaa. This makes no sense. 100 hours a season. This comes out to about 3 hours a week - MAYBE 5 if it is only a 20 week season. That would be about 10 half hour lawns. I don't know a whole lot of people who buy a 4000 mower, only have have aout $200 a week worth of cutting with it, and go out and buy a $6000 Exmark.
Anyway,...you are looking at around 12 to 1500 for it. The trailer is going to be $1000, easy. It is a heavier trailer with a wrapped tongue. Although, I'd rather see a gate. The hedge trimmers, chainsaw, and other misc. equipment are basically valueless. If you give $100 each for the saws, it would be about right. So, altogether, you are looking at around 74 to 7700.
I doubt if he'd even consider 6, but you NEVER know. cash in hand speaks loudly. If you can get it at around 65, I think you'll be alright.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Done deal!!! - $6,500

Done deal!!! Final price is $6,500 for the whole package. No edgers or blowers. No biggy since i just recently purchased a Husky commercial string edger. all i Need is a backpack blower.

Everthing is Legit. Paper works are intact. Title for the trailer, receipts for the mowers and hedge trimmers. Picking it up sometime this week. Need to coordinate with my brother for his pick up truck with hitch. also need to register the trailer.

I know it is hard to believe with the low hours but the story the guy gave me seems to be believable. No he didn't offer me the Brooklyn bridge for cheap $$$. LOL...

Exmark was purchased used by the previous owner with a NEW ultra bagger as per the receipt in 2006. Hour meter indicates 330 hours. it was purchased with 180 hours and used in 2006 for only 150 hours. It did appear all equipment were not at all used this year due to the grass growth under the trailer. I'm guessing the Exmark is either a 2004-05 Lazer Z HP 52" w/ 23 Kawi (Model - LHP5223KA). Can anyone verify the year model? Appreciate it.

2004 Scag SW36A w/ 15 Kohler purchased new by the previous owner. Actually saw a copy of the warranty registration card.

Stihl (HL45C) long hedge trimmer
Kawasaki (i think) KHT600S short hedge trimmer
Poulan Pro PP4620AVX chain saw

Thoughts???

Last edited by noah0325; 08-12-2007 at 08:20 PM.