Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

front forks seem too long to me

i posted this in the commercial section too.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=197146

i demoed a 66" super z

it seemed like the front forks were just way out there. i really didn't like it

are the front forks shorter on the reg z with 54" deck? are they narrower?

what are the width dimensions on the 54" from the center of the caster post?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 54" has much smaller front frame dimensions.
Every one of our frames is different in the front caster alignment due to the need to place the wheels in the right area for cutting.
I don't have the dimension #s for those measurements.
The rear tire width is also much narrower.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
The 54" has much smaller front frame dimensions.
Every one of our frames is different in the front caster alignment due to the need to place the wheels in the right area for cutting.
I don't have the dimension #s for those measurements.
The rear tire width is also much narrower.
PJ, you need to show these people the Super Z is not nearly as long as it appears. I have already done comparisons and the profile of the mowers are confusing people, they look a great deal longer than they actually are.

The taller snub nose mowers look shorter but in reality they are not, for instance the Kubota ZD18 is 80.3" in length where the 66" XR-7 Super Z that looks much longer is 80". Put the lengths of the regular Z and Super Z in print form for the different sizes and this should end their confusion when they compare apples to apples.

When I first started running my 66" XR-7 I said to myself this thing looks a good bit longer than my 2005 which it was 5" longer but I never noticed it again. When you look at a mower that is 1' longer yes there will be a noticable difference in operation but 3 to 5" is hard to judge.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
PJ, you need to show these people the Super Z is not nearly as long as it appears. I have already done comparisons and the profile of the mowers are confusing people, they look a great deal longer than they actually are.

The taller snub nose mowers look shorter but in reality they are not, for instance the Kubota ZD18 is 80.3" in length where the 66" XR-7 Super Z that looks much longer is 80". Put the lengths of the regular Z and Super Z in print form for the different sizes and this should end their confusion when they compare apples to apples.

When I first started running my 66" XR-7 I said to myself this thing looks a good bit longer than my 2005 which it was 5" longer but I never noticed it again. When you look at a mower that is 1' longer yes there will be a noticable difference in operation but 3 to 5" is hard to judge.
the reason it seems longer is because of the distance from the front wheels to the front of the deck. it seems like the tire should be closer to the deck so you can get closet to objects.

this gap on the hustler line seems the largest when comparing to the competition.

the distance of the motor behind the wheels really makes no difference when cutting. other than if you were mowing in reverse.