Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Actually Mr. Marc, a 250 bucket vs a 190 bulk bucket both = 1 yard buckets. Now, if a regular 190 bucket was being used you would get no where quick and I don't think it would have been favorable to use a tooth bucket haha.

Where have you been hiding? I need to come see you when things get caught up.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I did the math on the footprint loading and the 3 yard articulating loaders like we had on site would have done the job nicely...you just lucky they got cold feet and I gave em your number...I could have just as easily given them robs number...
Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=tthomass;3569945
We're good on the drainage, no issue with county. They've been doing it like this for over 50yrs. We actually dug up some of an old system...........concrete pipe! The system we did has probably 1,300-1,500 feet of pipe. A lot of that is 6" and all SCH 40. Real fun stuff to work with since it bends so easy. [/QUOTE]

Jus be careful with that. There are many practices that have beenn done for 76 years that are now illegal. In the VA city where we worked, yep there WAS a pipe running through the curb that was installed in the 1950's. However, that practice has been since outlawed and only drywells are now required. If it's a county owned road, you're probably fine. If it's a town or city owned street - you could have problems. Make sure when you're there working you park the truck(s) infront of that area of curbing so as the inspector is passing by, he/she doesn't see it . And at night park the skid steer along the curbing so that a jealous contractor can't see it when he/she is returning home in the evening

Just to emphasis how codes change - last year we damaged a brick window well. The ground was wet and the weight of the excavator pushed a rock that was below the surface of the soil, and when this happened the rock destroyed the 40 yr old brick window well. Basically a 4 hr repair. But nope, we couldn't do that! The city has a code that when a window well is damaged you must replace with basement window with a window that a person can crawl out of. AND.....the replacement window must not exceed a certain height from the basement floor! So that 4 hr brick repair job turned into a $4,800 claim to our insurance company!

Now one is probably thinking "hell just repair the brick and move on, no one will ever know". Not that easy when there are neighbors that are contractors and familiar with the codes and jealous that they're not doing the work.......

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 05-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
I did the math on the footprint loading and the 3 yard articulating loaders like we had on site would have done the job nicely...you just lucky they got cold feet and I gave em your number...I could have just as easily given them robs number...
Ahhh geeze, Rob....really?!?!?! BTW, you never called me back after we did that. Lets get lunch. XOXOXOXOXO
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

my door is always open....and i've been known to tip a few back after work
Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Ahhh geeze, Rob....really?!?!?! BTW, you never called me back after we did that. Dumplin, I've missed you bunches. Lets get lunch. XOXOXOXOXO

Oh geeze, this site has turned into another E-Harmony.........

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know I don't swing that way....but now I'm not sure about todd....
Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

haha......
Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Jus be careful with that. There are many practices that have beenn done for 76 years that are now illegal. In the VA city where we worked, yep there WAS a pipe running through the curb that was installed in the 1950's. However, that practice has been since outlawed and only drywells are now required. If it's a county owned road, you're probably fine. If it's a town or city owned street - you could have problems. Make sure when you're there working you park the truck(s) infront of that area of curbing so as the inspector is passing by, he/she doesn't see it . And at night park the skid steer along the curbing so that a jealous contractor can't see it when he/she is returning home in the evening

Just to emphasis how codes change - last year we damaged a brick window well. The ground was wet and the weight of the excavator pushed a rock that was below the surface of the soil, and when this happened the rock destroyed the 40 yr old brick window well. Basically a 4 hr repair. But nope, we couldn't do that! The city has a code that when a window well is damaged you must replace with basement window with a window that a person can crawl out of. AND.....the replacement window must not exceed a certain height from the basement floor! So that 4 hr brick repair job turned into a $4,800 claim to our insurance company!

Now one is probably thinking "hell just repair the brick and move on, no one will ever know". Not that easy when there are neighbors that are contractors and familiar with the codes and jealous that they're not doing the work.......

All valid points but we're good on this one.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Finally the shop.......looking forward to this winter.

-30x40 w/ 16' ceiling
-12x14 garage door + side door
-Concrete slab w/ thermal heat
Attached Images