Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-08-2010, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
Good looking box van, how is the lawn care part of your business working out? And how do you work that, do you just have guys doing lawns and that's it ? I all-ways look forward to seeing the pitchers of your work. Thanks.
Thanks. I've got two guys that mow all week. On aver 68 a week with the bi-weekly accounts and then if we get ahead (cut all in 4 days) I usually have a Friday job for them. Small one days stuff like mulching a house, brush removal or something. It's worked out great. I give them a sheet with the addresses in order, punch in the GPS and roll. They do their job, come back and park the truck/fuel up and I see them the next day.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
todd, i was in the traffic jam on the toll road as well. least week. not fun...
One of my guys was stuck in it for over an hour. I went and picked up stone, rans and errand etc and he only beat me to McLean by 5 minutes. I cheated and took the airport lanes, bypassing the mess

We need to get lunch sir.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
I'm lovin that bottle jack!

No floor jack, or no loader?
Actually, we stole a wheel off of another farmer's trailer that allowed me to get back or else I wasn't going anywhere until a repair Monday morning. Dad had a new tire put on my rim and enabled the other trailer to be used until I made it back home again to swap wheels/tires.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here's another patio. We wrap up the pool tomorrow and move on to this Tuesday. The flat work (flagstone) has been done and when we started the walls the customer decided they wanted a different veneer. So, had to tell them we'll be back in two weeks while we doubled up to knock out the pool, awaiting delivery of the other veneer. Seeing as their daughter is getting married on it, not really a deadline that is flexible and preferred to stay ahead of schedule. Additionally, my foreman running the pool job tripped down by the river a couple weeks ago and when he caught himself broke his finger. To clarify more, it made an "L" in the wrong direction.....
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Picture from snow removal. That is a beast of a snow blower. Has its own diesel power unit and known to eat Volkswagons. I'm also a bit of an aviation nut. Airshow I went to early summer.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey what happened to the guy that needed a haircut?

BTW - I'm tellin you - you can't rent the same mini-ex for 1/2 the cost of RU. Other than a stump grinder, I haven't rented any machinery from RU since early July '09....

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 08-08-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

White guy? Fired him.

I called your guys and they didn't want to deal on a mid size I needed for two weeks. I got a better price from RU. They also pulled the machine off the job for me a returned it later without additional charge when one of the snow storms caught us in the middle of its rental.

They also take care of a lot of odd things for me. Emergency repairs during snow storms for example. They take care of me and they know I rent only from them. I've used United and they're all a bunch of a**holes to deal with that could care less that I'm there. RU has the best customer service of any company/business I know of (my location anyway). I walk through the shop and everybody from mechanic to manager knows us personally.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
We need to get lunch sir.
Any time. better make it soon. I may not be at GU much longer... to one up you we did order $17k worth of tulips...

Last edited by MarcSmith; 08-09-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Todd, your a car guy and a fly nut? My old man has one of the coolest deals ever photographed. He is a retired airline/fighter pilot. He flew F100 super sabres in the air guard back in the 60's and 70's. Anyway we had a '57 t-bird that he had pictured on the tarmac with his fighter jet. The cool thing is he has the picture of both the t-bird and the F100 along with both build dates of the 2 machines. They rolled down thier assembly lines the very same day. He also had a '57 fairlane that was built on his 21st b-day, he has had one storied life.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Just out of curiousity, the last pic in post #1064, what's going on with the foundation under the patio door? Patched up window, or something from the haunches removed?