Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Used to be a window to the basement that was under wooded steps. Home owner patched it himself and is actually a structural engineer. What sold the job was the detail of how I would construct and reasons behind my procedures. I noticed he was following everything I was saying (vs the usual "huh???") and didn't find out his job until after.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Ponds and Waterfalls View Post
Hey Todd, your a car guy and a fly nut? My old man has one of the coolest deals ever photographed. He is a retired airline/fighter pilot. He flew F100 super sabres in the air guard back in the 60's and 70's. Anyway we had a '57 t-bird that he had pictured on the tarmac with his fighter jet. The cool thing is he has the picture of both the t-bird and the F100 along with both build dates of the 2 machines. They rolled down thier assembly lines the very same day. He also had a '57 fairlane that was built on his 21st b-day, he has had one storied life.
Yes I am! Whenever a jet (fighter) flies over I HATE my life. Dream was to fly F-16's but I didn't go into the Airforce due to the unlikely odds of getting in a fighter. My uncle flew C130's in Vietnam but I wouldn't be happy unless I was in a fighter. I'd like to one day get my pilots license but I'll have to make my way up to something a lot hotter than a Cessna to be happy. I flew, and getting back into it, RC planes all through school. Racing is the closest "rush" I can get for now I guess.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Used to be a window to the basement that was under wooded steps. Home owner patched it himself and is actually a structural engineer. What sold the job was the detail of how I would construct and reasons behind my procedures. I noticed he was following everything I was saying (vs the usual "huh???") and didn't find out his job until after.

Kind of what I figured. As a mason, thing like that always catch my eye, and make me wonder "WTF were they thinking putting a window under a patio door". Putting them under contilevered chimneys is another favorite of mine.......

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Current project. We're coming in behind a GC that royally screwed up. Installed the pool and used mud for fill.......to add to it, did not even compact the mud. GC's mason comes in and builds patio around pool (which was complete crap) and a few months later settles eighteen inches (18"). Pool manufacturer sent a crew in to redo the pool and now we're working for the homeowner to finally bring this to an end.

850sf flagstone patio and site grading.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you install the coping ?

Creative Hardscapes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

airshow in martinsburg this weekend

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, we did the coping.

Martinsburg..........hmmmmm I've seen the Blue Angels but never the Thunder Chickens. I almost saw them in Ocean City last summer but bad weather moved in and changed that. Thanks for making me hate my job.......I want a F16.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.military-heat.com/27/mili...vilian-market/

while no f-16's any of those plane on the list would raise some eyebrows upon landing. BWT you can have your f-16 gimme an a-10 thunderbolt....slow, low, down and dirty, short field take off, unimproved runways.....

but the mig 25, or su27, or f-5b would be fun...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why did you do the pies on the coping? looks kinda silly.....
Old 09-01-2010, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurkn with amish View Post
why did you do the pies on the coping? looks kinda silly.....

With no disrespect TThomass, I have to agree with Amish. I was lookin at those skinny pie slices thinking "huh?". They do not look good at all, 'ol buddy.

You may wanna take a good look at those. Pop them up. Miter and reset bigger pieces. It will make your portfolio (photo book and website) look better. And when the client sees you takin the time to re-do it - they're gonna respect you like you would not believe. Mark my words.

The other week we re-did some of our work at a job we're workin on. That night I had an e-mail from the client thanking me and stating how impressed they are.

We went to VA Beach for the airshow last oct. Low ceiling. The good stuff couldn't do their thing. This years is in Sept.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.