Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Everything is soaking wet and we haven't had a chance to do much of anything. We are very behind on maintenance because of the weather so everyone will be mulching like crazy in the near future. I'm also being more selective about the design/build work. Not really taking on or going after it hard until I get a design/architect on staff to help because I simply don't have enough of "me" to go around to everybody.

www.tarpstop.com has the boxes and fenders + chains etc. Make sure the order reads exactly what you want because they've messed up my orders in the past but they did correct them. My boxes are 2x2x6 on all 3 roll off trucks, including the Lo-pro International. I want to say aluminum with a polished stainless door was about $800 + brackets. Not cheap but they look good. Make sure you don't get polished aluminum, it's pointless and will not stay polished.

New truck is here in 2 weeks or less
Old 03-30-2014, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Everything is soaking wet and we haven't had a chance to do much of anything. We are very behind on maintenance because of the weather so everyone will be mulching like crazy in the near future. I'm also being more selective about the design/build work. Not really taking on or going after it hard until I get a design/architect on staff to help because I simply don't have enough of "me" to go around to everybody.

www.tarpstop.com has the boxes and fenders + chains etc. Make sure the order reads exactly what you want because they've messed up my orders in the past but they did correct them. My boxes are 2x2x6 on all 3 roll off trucks, including the Lo-pro International. I want to say aluminum with a polished stainless door was about $800 + brackets. Not cheap but they look good. Make sure you don't get polished aluminum, it's pointless and will not stay polished.

New truck is here in 2 weeks or less
Thanks. How are the protech boxes holding up? Do you have any recent pictures of them on your older trucks? I was actually looking at the Bawer all polished stainless seen here http://www.tarpstop.com/Bawer_Stainl...rage_Boxes.php
Old 03-30-2014, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The first ones are actually scratch built. The ProTech's on the Lo-pro are just over a year old but fine. If you can fit a 72" box, do it. I do the 24" square x 72" because it will hold a full size blower (STIHL BR600) and hand tools etc. We setup power tools in one box, hand tools in the other.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
The first ones are actually scratch built. The ProTech's on the Lo-pro are just over a year old but fine. If you can fit a 72" box, do it. I do the 24" square x 72" because it will hold a full size blower (STIHL BR600) and hand tools etc. We setup power tools in one box, hand tools in the other.
I can only do 48" because mine are going on a F550. I had a set of diamond plate boxes on my other truck, but they look like crap now so I want to get a different kind for my new truck.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Gotcha. I'd just call them and ask if they recommend one brand over the other, but just make certain you get polished stainless steel. I'm big on the image of the trucks and the cleaner they look the better. Diamond just looks bad after a while and even when you wash it, it still doesn't look clean but rather dull instead.

I've had some crappy fenders in the past and I really like the ones I got from them for this new truck. I won't, but I bet that I could stand on them. Sturdy and heavy gauge too.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i only saw the 1/4 fenders on their site, not the ones you have. definitely want to add a set. my 02 already has rust holes in the bed i need to patch from PA and now NY road salt.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
i only saw the 1/4 fenders on their site, not the ones you have. definitely want to add a set. my 02 already has rust holes in the bed i need to patch from PA and now NY road salt.
google pro tech fenders and you will find them
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

They have them. Just call. And they can give you a diagram before shipping to make sure you're on the same page (we did that).
Old 03-31-2014, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

New truck looks awesome.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Got my truck last week. GM did a real good job with this one.
Attached Images