Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear everyone is ok, I'm sure your emplyee's rear is hurtin from that new A-hole you hopefully ripped him.
Tons of other stuff
Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's painful just looking at those photos. Best of luck to you in getting a new truck up and running as soon as you can. Planning on going with another International set-up the same way?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I do plan on another SNG setup. The chasis may not be International and it may not be the same configuration but its all up in the air right now. Time will tell.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

tthomas -- Just to chime in after so many have already commented, however, the back yard re-do looks very nice ... congratulations !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Todd, give me your address, and I'll FedEx some Cheesecake Factory to you. Keep your head up buddy.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Cheesecake Factory sounds good right about now!

I spoke with the company that towed my truck and currently has it in storage. I was talking to them about parting the truck and working with insurance etc......which obviously they're knowledgeable.

Insurance looks at the truck tomorrow and I hope to hear then what they'll give me for it. The towing company says that buy back is typically 10% of what they value the truck and that even that can be haggled down. So all in all, I may end up buying the truck back just to get the SNG off as I have someone interested in the hoist. No BIG dea fixing that. My dump body is just fine and not to mention the $1200 winch. I will be going hydro with my new SNG.....or so I plan, vs the electric so that I have more power.

I'm also going to talk to the owner of another company that has a totalled International. His cab is destroyed, well mine is in perfect shape.

We'll see, all one big waiting game.

The 4500 is getting an alignment today but I'll get some pics up before too long. Its nice but I need to add underbody boxes. It has a behind the cab box currently and the guys that built the bed did a heck of a job, very nice.

Time to run some more errands, in the rain.......we're only 5 days behind schedule now with this rain we've been receiving and being minus a truck I would be hit hard without the 4500. Please Lord, let me keep that truck between the lines!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Todd, words cant describe how sick that make me feel to see that. Its like loosing one of your children, at least for me it is. thankfully no one got hurt. i thought i was upset when my guy clipped a telephone pole with my dump once.

something to consider on the next one though, make it a shorter frame. dump trucks have short frames for a reason. that much weight concentrated in one area on a long frame is bad. a shorter framed truck might not have done that. those long frames on a box truck with a evenly distributed loads are fine, but not when you are carrying concentrated loads, especially near the cab in the center of the frame.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I do agree with 'ol Mckee.

My old man used to own tractor trailers. If you ever look at the long (48'+) aluminum flatbed trailers - their frames are arched UP in the center. This keeps the frames from bowing down when loaded, as well as prevents *FLEXING* as a loaded trailer is pulled over bumps and wavey pavements.

See, a skiddy bopper weighs approx 7,000# (+ or -). But like I tell our clients when I describe the damage they're going to do to their lawns - "that 7,000 pounds is a small, solid CUBE of iron, unlike a full size pick up where the weight is spread out."

I wish our medium duty had a shorter wheelbase and a shorter dump body.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, glad nobody was hurt. The damage was nasty, kind of surprised how severe it was. Hope everything works out on the insurance end.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The issue with the damage was #1 the impact of going into a ditch and then hitting a driveway which then caused #2 to be an issue....an 8,000 lb Bobcat on its back.

Insurance came through for me. Until I see my rates anyway.

I am now the proud owner of a salvage titled '02 International.