Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-10-2009, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Digging is always fun and someone else is also shiny at the quarry.
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2009, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
Some of what we've been up to and a project we did a few weeks ago.
wow, looks a little muddy, also looks like its about time for some new tracks!

What were you digging with the excavator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm digging my driveway down and widened it x 3.

Nah, tracks are good for now. They are at about 40-50% tread.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I'm digging my driveway down and widened it x 3.

Nah, tracks are good for now. They are at about 40-50% tread.
Ah..

And they look almost bald in that one pic, but it is in mud..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah they go bald they'll be replaced. Its got 1200hrs on it and around the 1600hr mark will prob need new tracks.

I did just get it out of the doctors office for $3,300. Both drive motors were leaking but luckily was able to rebuild (new hubs) vs new drive motors which = new machine. Talking to the tech they usually don't see issues until after 2000 hrs but then again I run it like its a T300 as much as it will.

How's your machine? Hrs? Issues?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i just had to do the drive motor/planetary on my deere. just got it done today actually. i would like to know what was wrong with the old ones that they needed new hubs? it wasnt just in need of a new o ring?

lets say you have five yards of slag in your box and your pulling it up onto the truck does the slag stay piled how t was or will it slide to the back of the box?

it pulls your bobcat up no problem?

any other comments or info you can offer about the sng?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah they go bald they'll be replaced. Its got 1200hrs on it and around the 1600hr mark will prob need new tracks.

I did just get it out of the doctors office for $3,300. Both drive motors were leaking but luckily was able to rebuild (new hubs) vs new drive motors which = new machine. Talking to the tech they usually don't see issues until after 2000 hrs but then again I run it like its a T300 as much as it will.

How's your machine? Hrs? Issues?
Oh, that sucks, you didnt have any sort of warranty?

and you should demo a T300, you'd love it! We stepped up from renting the 190 to the 300, I wouldnt go back, I dont like the 300 for small work like grading a yard or running a trencher installing irrigation or something of that nature that requires long turns that dont tear up the ground. But for brute work and doing the work I do its great. My only complaint: its really ass heavy with no load, especially with a lighter attachment like a grapple so it rides rough. But put a load good load on it and its smooth as can be..

and right now we are renting, but should have a machine of our own by fall, we are currently looking at a T300 with keyless entry and 1500 hours, A/C, fully loaded, except with hand/foot controls because Dad cant run joysticks. But so far I've got about 50 hours on this T300 rental(thats also fully loaded with SJC) with 700 hours and no problems. From what the mechanic told me its been in the shop once because when it came in used the left track had a large rip in it..

Quote:

Old 08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Seals blown and from my understanding something about the bearings. There was a $7,500-$8,000 option and then the other. I was in the middle of a job, told them get it put together with the lesser $3,300 option and I need my machine back asap. ALL the details, I'm not 100% on.......it was broke, they fixed it and its back to work.

Yeah the SNG will lift it. There's different ways to lift/drop loads but that comes with experience. If you want to stay with a 26k and below truck, go with the SNG. If you want to go with a 33k+ truck, go with a hook lift. The SNG will work but the power needed is different with a larger truck. They have completely new/different winches now so maybe they're better. I'm happy with it but its a medium duty product. If you're not switching out dumpster after dumpster constantly, all day and every day......it will work just fine. They do now offer an all hydro system though and worth keeping in mind.

BTW, I'm a dealer for SNG. If you need pricing on anything just let me know. As you can tell, I'm not pushing it hard nor denying what it will do. Let me know what you want to use it for and I'll tell you if I recommend it or not.

Bobcat I lift from flat on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
i just had to do the drive motor/planetary on my deere. just got it done today actually. i would like to know what was wrong with the old ones that they needed new hubs? it wasnt just in need of a new o ring?

lets say you have five yards of slag in your box and your pulling it up onto the truck does the slag stay piled how t was or will it slide to the back of the box?

it pulls your bobcat up no problem?

any other comments or info you can offer about the sng?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Work looks good!
Man, could they build those houses any closer to the road???
Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks! That I would say is the "normal" size house in this area but that one in particular is close to the road.

There's lighting in the wall and the step. We're going back in about 3 weeks to build a wall wrapping the left side of the house, with lights, in addition to path lights along the walkway. The patio we'll be building here is one I'm really looking forward to but thats next year. Polished granite counter tops, stainless kitchen etc.......imagination is about the only limit so I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. They're some of the best people I've ever met too which makes it nice.